News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
Anyone finding users (sometimes) have to call a number more than once to connect?
Tags: phone
Aug 17, 2022 at 8:50am   •   2 replies  •  0 likes
RJ Costello

We're seeing cases each day (some days more than others), where our agents dial a number, it says connecting, but never does. They call the same number seconds later and it goes through.

Support is not indicating they've seen this with any other deployment. Anyone have any insight: It happens both in the office and for agents remote/home. no other issues once connected, or with inbound calls.

on Aug 17, 2022 at 9:40am   •  0 likes

One specific scenario from just today. The Rep reported: "..."I did a outbound call a few minutes ago. I had to call 3 times. It kept saying 'connecting' and would not connect. When I did reach her she said she could hear it ring once and stop...."

on Aug 18, 2022 at 7:53am   •  0 likes

That's a call signalling issue. Basically, that's the part of the SIP protocol responsible for establishing and tearing down a call. You're having issues with the establishing part, so it's usually network related. A quick and dirty test to determine if it's your network is to have the reps use the mobile app on data for a day or two and get their feedback. If it's the same issue, then it's likely carrier related (RC, ISP, whoever owns your numbers, PSTN routing etc). If it's better, then you need to take a look at your network config.

on Aug 18, 2022 at 9:08am   •  0 likes

Thanks for the insight much appreciated - I'm open to any insight, including our local network and ISP. However, we've tested the RC 'Windows', Browser and "RC Phone" Apps. All exhibit the problem to some level. Additionally, our call agents are seeing it at home, on there local/private ISP platforms (no VPN back in here). That's why I was confident bringing it back into RC Support, but we're making no headway.

If I can be convinced it's something within our control here, I'm ready to make those adjustments. I don't feel we have that guidance yet.

Thanks again.

Patient, but not that great at it :)

on Aug 18, 2022 at 10:51am   •  0 likes

Yeah, fair. I'd still give calling on data a try via the mobile regardless.

Did you recently port to RC from a different carrier? This could also be called a "translations" issue where the carriers haven't reflected your port out successfully across the carrier PSTN switches, which can often lead to call terminations like you're experiencing. If that's the case, which it could be, you would need to coordinate with the porting team at RC and the losing carrier and inform them of the scenario. The next step would be for them to update their PSTN switching records for your numbers.

But, seriously, just try and test using the mobile app on data first. That's gonna be what you're directed to do regardless anyway as a test.

on Aug 19, 2022 at 5:42am   •  0 likes

Thanks again. We're absolutely going to look into several areas on our side as we're not getting indication RC can detect anything in their logs/trace.

We're, but all the way back in May now. Problem was noticed right away and reported, but with more folks jumping into RC now, the incidences are piling up.

We're going to even bump our bandwidth speed up just to see if we can shake anything out. I'll report back here with any results. Best

on Aug 18, 2022 at 7:15am   •  0 likes

If they are using a desk phone, please have them try to reboot to avoid glitches. Same if using the app, try to uninstall/reinstall.

1 Answer
answered on Aug 25, 2022 at 9:44am  

something this broad, you need to create a troubleticket with Ring Central because there is only so much that can get fixed with a reboot or uninstall....

on Aug 25, 2022 at 10:07am   •  0 likes

Thanks Joe - I have created several but we're not getting to the root. Thought I'll reach out to see if we were the only ones. New since May.. Thanks again.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us