News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
Email to Fax Function
Tags: fax
Aug 15, 2022 at 10:29pm   •   9 replies  •  1 likes
customer-service-representative

We have been down for 11 days since Friday, August 5th.

At first they mentioned I needed to get SPF, DKIM and DMARC validation for the Fraud Department to enable E2F Function. However, now that I have passed all tests and have had the Fraud Department enable E2F Function again, it is still not working. I have had several case numbers for this issue, however they just told me that they would close and open a new one since this will be escalated to a different department since the E2F Function is enabled yet the faxing option is not working.

Back in April we had the same issue, I called and got it resolved over the phone within two days. Today, I have been calling for 11 days with no success or solutions. We have been a client for over 8 years and are losing clients over this matter.

Outbound email to fax faxes are not even showing up in the sent folder on the ring central app. I don't receive a transmission result of whether it was sent successfully or not.

Need to know if anybody has had this solved yet?

on Aug 19, 2022 at 10:35am   •  0 likes

We have this problem too! Have been down for about 4 weeks now. This is pathetic! My case was upgraded to tier 2 but now I can't get anyone to assist me further.

on Aug 17, 2022 at 1:04pm   •  0 likes
on Aug 16, 2022 at 1:48pm   •  0 likes

Hi Everyone, I'm currently reaching out to our Internal Support to get an update of this issue.

on Aug 16, 2022 at 3:22pm   •  0 likes

Thank you Mary, any updates? Do you need the Case #?

on Aug 17, 2022 at 8:20am   •  0 likes

Hi @customer-service-representative, your cases are being monitored by higher-level Tech Support as of now. Please wait for their updates. To those who haven't submitted a ticket yet, please do so. Thank you!

on Aug 23, 2022 at 2:10pm   •  0 likes

@Mary-Community_Moderator Any updates on case #16045146?? please follow up - tier 2 /3 support are not following up at all with case comments or updates

on Aug 23, 2022 at 11:24am   •  0 likes

Any updates on case #16045146?? please follow up - tier 2 /3 support are not following up at all with case comments or updates

on Aug 18, 2022 at 2:58pm   •  0 likes

any updates? 13 days down this is unbelievable

6 Answers
answered on Sep 9, 2022 at 12:13pm  

Here's the email I got from RC support. We have a Microsoft Exchange email server.

Hi, I checked the email domain you gave and DMARC (Domain-based Message Authentication, Reporting and Conformance) ofr the said domain is not configured. Please refer to this link on how to configure DMARC:

https://support.ringcentral.com/article/Best-Practices-to-Prevent-RingCentral-Email-to-Fax-Service-from-Blocking-Faxes.html

answered on Sep 7, 2022 at 2:14pm  

We had to have our IT people configure and verify the DMARC for our email domain. It took them 2 or 3 tries, but eventually that seemed to fix it

on Sep 9, 2022 at 11:12am   •  0 likes

Hi John,

I am so glad it is working on your end now! We are still down, would you be able to let us know what finally made the trick with your DMARC verification? Our IT Department has checked everything and claim that everything is set up on our end. Is that with Gmail?

answered on Sep 7, 2022 at 2:04pm  

Wow is it nice to see others having this issue. Been working with RC support for 2 weeks and they have been telling us its our problem from day one. This also just started happening to us 8/25.

Email to fax works as long as an attachment is included. No attachment the email to fax acts like it was never sent.

This happens no matter what email service we send the fax from....yes those other addresses were added to the allowed email send. Support refuses escalate. We are having to include blank attachments for the email to fax to work. RC Support its obviously not just us having an issue

Thank you

answered on Aug 16, 2022 at 8:28am  

We are also experiencing this issue. This is an outage that happens periodically, but this is by far the longest period yet.

on Aug 18, 2022 at 3:01pm   •  0 likes

Hi Bobby, wondering if you are still experiencing issues?

on Aug 18, 2022 at 3:17pm   •  0 likes

Yes, we are still experiencing issues. We haven't been able to use this feature since 7/27/22.

on Aug 23, 2022 at 9:07pm   •  0 likes

Wow, we are a few days behind you - hard to believe they have had you without that future for almost a month, I hope they really are coming up with solutions.

We just found out we are able to fax out using the app directly or going online to app.ringcentral.com - hopefully that can help you guys in the meantime.

answered on Aug 16, 2022 at 6:33am  

We're having the exact same issue - outgoing faxes were down in April, it was fixed after a few days, but now it's been down for two weeks. We tried all the fixes suggested by support, nothing worked.

This is clearly a problem on RingCentral's side, and not on the user side.

on Aug 18, 2022 at 3:00pm   •  0 likes

Hi John, wondering if you are still experiencing issues?

on Aug 19, 2022 at 6:23am   •  1 likes

Yes, we're still down. Ringcentral tech support keeps making ridiculous suggestions to fix the problem on our end, none of which work. I keep telling RC the problem is on their end, but they don't listen. We've had to get our IT people involved, so now this is costing us money.

on Aug 23, 2022 at 9:04pm   •  0 likes

I hear you, this is costing us money and clients!

Just found out we are able to fax out using the app directly or going online to app.ringcentral.com - it's not the same as Email to Fax but in the meantime we will be using one of those options.

answered on Aug 15, 2022 at 10:31pm  

@Mary-Community_Moderator can you assist please? I see you have experience with this issue, really need your time and assistance

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us