News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Developers
How do I resolve "User needs to have [MeetingsRecordings] permission" error?
Tags: rest api
Nov 20, 2019 at 12:23pm   •   4 replies  •  0 likes
Samantha Gafvert
{
  "errorCode": "CMN-408",
  "message": "In order to call this API endpoint, user needs to have [MeetingsRecordings] permission"
}

Getting the above error when trying to query the Meetings API even though I've created an application in the sandbox that has all permissions (including meetings). Other API endpoints like calls-log seem to be working but this one is giving me a lot of trouble. Anyone have any insights into what might be wrong here?

4 Answers
answered on Sep 26, 2022 at 1:08am  

I am facing the same issue "In order to call this API endpoint, user needs to have [Meetings] permission ". Can you please enable Meetings for me ?

Sandbox Account : +19294732802

answered on Jul 10, 2020 at 4:44pm  

This is the client id for our RC App.

eNfCGymuTjCNSGomZkaBmA

Maybe I just don't know how to access it? I don't see it in the permissions I can add to the app. And this page - https://developers.ringcentral.com/guide/meetings/video - I don't have credentials that will allow access to the documentation.

I know we have RCV in our production (paid account) but I don't know if we have access as a developer for the above mentioned app/client id

answered on Jul 10, 2020 at 4:26pm  

Thank you, sir! Also, any chance you could get my app approved for access to RC Video. We have 5 customers that will use this immediately and more coming soon.

answered on Jul 10, 2020 at 3:27pm  

@Phong Vu

I'm having this same issue - In order to call this API endpoint, user needs to have [Meetings] permission

Can you please enable Meetings for me?

Sandbox - 470-502-3044

answered on Mar 31, 2020 at 10:34pm  

I am facing the same issue "In order to call this API endpoint, user needs to have [Meetings] permission " .Can u help to get out of it ?

Accountnumber is +14704330731

answered on Nov 20, 2019 at 1:55pm  

The error is misleading. In this case, it means that the meeting API is not supported in sandbox environment.

Let me know you sandbox account's main company number so I can check if I can enable it for you.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us