News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Developers
Hyperlink formula field for ring central
Tags: salesforce
Nov 16, 2022 at 4:25pm   •   1 replies  •  0 likes
Toby K

Requirement: On a custom object list view I need to display a phone number field as a Ring Central Phone number link.

How can I make a formula field on a custom object that connects the call to ring central. Currently using a formula field set to a phone url link like HYPERLINK("tel:" + Contact__r.Phone, Contact__r.Phone, "_self"). Is there a URL in place of "tel:" that can be used to call RingCental functionality? Is there a url i can use to replace "tel:" that would call ring central functionality. Currently will open as a phone link but now ring central link

1 Answer
answered on Nov 17, 2022 at 7:03am  

What you are looking for is called URI scheme. Here are the 2 options

<a target="_blank" href="rcapp://r/dialer?number=[phonenumber]">Dial this number</a>
<a target="_blank" href="rcapp://r/call?number=[]phonenumber">Call this number</a>

Dialer will launch the dialer with the specified number and wait for the user to dial.

Call will launch the phone pad and start calling the specified number immediately.

on Nov 17, 2022 at 7:30am   •  0 likes

I am doing it with a formula field not HTML. I should be able to make use of that link however. Let me know if you have what a formula field would look like

on Nov 17, 2022 at 7:37am   •  0 likes

I haven't tried it but it should work. Try and let me know too.

on Dec 12, 2022 at 8:12pm   •  0 likes

@Phong Vu Still unable to get the formula field hyperlink to work. Let me know if you have any idea how to get it to work.

on Dec 12, 2022 at 9:07pm   •  1 likes

As I wrote earlier, I cannot test it and the RC App supports only URL schemes I provided above. If that does not work, then it is simply not supported.

on Dec 23, 2022 at 3:06pm   •  0 likes

@Phong Vu Let me know if functionality does get added. Also is there a place I can post to suggest ideas for Ringcentral/Salesforce integration?

on Dec 24, 2022 at 9:32am   •  0 likes

Please post your request here. Make your request clear for Hyperlink formula and if possible, provide an example how it works for other apps.

on Nov 19, 2022 at 8:02am   •  0 likes

I attempted it like this and it does not seem to be working.

HYPERLINK("rcapp://r/call?number=" + '[]' + Contact__r.Phone, Contact__r.Phone, "_self")
on Dec 12, 2022 at 8:12pm   •  0 likes

@Phong Vu Still unable to get the formula field hyperlink to work. Let me know if you have any idea how to get it to work.

on Dec 6, 2022 at 6:00pm   •  0 likes

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us