News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
Route current customers
Tags: call handling
Nov 21, 2022 at 11:27am   •   1 replies  •  0 likes
Best Choice Pest Control

I have almost 3000 numbers I'd like blocked from a number. How can I make that happen without manually typing each number?

1 Answer
answered on Nov 22, 2022 at 7:15pm  

How do you have those 3000 numbers saved? Is it an excel spreadsheet?

i know RC has some destinations which are blocked by default for outbound calling and you have to whitelist them by submitting a form in order to reach those numbers. I am referring to this:
https://support.ringcentral.com/article/5150.html

Maybe you can try contacting support and have them "blacklist" the numbers you want for "inbound"... in other words block them for you. Not sure if this will work, but it's the most convenient thing...

If you decide to give it a shot... I suggest you follow the instructions in the support article above and just create a case using this pdf (step 1 of that support article)
https://assets.ringcentral.com/us/guide/Whitelist-Customer-Agreement.pdf

I know it's the wrong document but you got space to write and you can briefly describe what you want. The good thing about using this "wrong document" is that your case will land in the correct department which does the "whitelisting" and the "blacklisting".

Like I said I don't know if RC will help you with this one, but worth a shot imo.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us