News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Developers
Ring Central React- getting currentconversationid from state
Tags: ringcentral app
Dec 19, 2022 at 3:56am   •   3 replies  •  0 likes
Ext 45211

We want to build custom UI where we need to display list of messages (ConversationsPage) on the left side and right side display the conversation when user clicks on a message . By default currently when we click on a message in conversations panel, it displays the conversation as another page with back button.But we need to display both in the same page with two panels so that user doesn't need to do additional click for back button. For this we have added two divs in seaprate page and one div contains conversationspage and another div contains Conversationpage. But we need to pass "conversationid" parameter to the conversationPage. How can we get that value from the global state as I see we already have a reducer for the same. Thanks for the help.

3 Answers
answered on Dec 27, 2022 at 3:17am  

Thanks @Embbnux Ji I see we are using Pubsub / pubnub in the current react widgets. Do you have any documentation on the usage of that in ring central project. As end users, do we need to register with pubsub for this messaging. Please provide more resources to understand how it works. Thanks.

answered on Dec 20, 2022 at 6:23pm  

Hi @Ext 45211 Do you use https://github.com/ringcentral/ringcentral-js-widgets ? You can get conversation id in "phone.conversations.currentConversation" and other APIs in "phone.conversations".

answered on Dec 19, 2022 at 9:18am  

While we welcome developers to help each other with different application programming issues in this community, I could say that there is less chance that you would get help for this kind of issue from here. I recommend that for issues which are not directly related to the RingCentral API platform, you should post a generic question on e.g. stack overflow where there are more developers with React JS experience to help you.

on Dec 19, 2022 at 11:27pm   •  0 likes

Thanks @Phong Vu . As Ringcentral community building the Ringcentral react widgets, I thought this community gives better answer as they know how their components are designed. This is a major requirement so any inputs appreciated. Thanks for the response.

on Dec 20, 2022 at 6:49am   •  0 likes

Can you post the link to the component you mentioned above?

on Dec 20, 2022 at 6:52am   •  0 likes

https://github.com/ringcentral/ringcentral-js-widgets/tree/master/packages/ringcentral-widgets/containers/ConversationsPage

https://github.com/ringcentral/ringcentral-js-widgets/tree/master/packages/ringcentral-widgets/containers/ConversationsPage

on Dec 20, 2022 at 7:11am   •  0 likes

Got it. Next time, don't change the name arbitrarily (there is no such a RingCentral React).

@Embbnux Ji Can you help with this? Thanks

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us