News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
Call handling and incoming call announcement problems
Tags: call handling
Feb 15, 2023 at 7:28am   •   1 replies  •  0 likes
Svensoni Paraplanning

Hi

First issue:

We have the numbers for 3 businesses coming into our RingCentral account. We need these to route initially to users who will only be using the desktop app - when I add the user under the 'call handling' settings and test it, the call goes straight to voicemail.

However, if I set the call handling to route the call to a mobile phone number, rather than a RingCentral extension, it routes the call correctly.

To work around this, I did manage to get the call to route correctly to RingCentral extensions, by creating a Call Queue - however when the system routes a call via the Call Queue, it does not manage the incoming call announcement correctly, which brings me to my second issue!

Second issue:

As we have calls for 3 businesses being routed to the same individuals, they need to know which business the caller is trying to reach so they answer the call correctly. I have added the appropriate settings to: Call Handling > Settings > Incoming Call Information (Edit) > Play Announcement. The settings I've added are 'Always' for both direct calls and call queue calls - however the announcement is not made when calls are routed to RingCentral extensions under the call queue.

However, if I remove the call queue, and route calls to call a mobile phone number instead (under the call handling settings), it does make the announcement correctly.

What I need to achieve, is to be able to route calls to RingCentral extensions, and for the incoming call announcements to work - any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

1 Answer
answered on Feb 15, 2023 at 2:37pm  

I would simply create 3 separate call queues for your businesses, add the same agents to each queue and name the queue appropriately. Ie: Call Queue 1 is called "Business 123", and Queue 2 is called "Business 456" etc.

When a call hits the queue, it will show the name of that queue on your agents' softphones and they can answer appropriately.

on Feb 16, 2023 at 9:18am   •  1 likes

Thanks for the suggestion, @tak-it1!

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us