News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
RingCentral Phone - Azure Joined Device - Multi-user PC
Tags: phone
Feb 20, 2023 at 12:18pm   •   2 replies  •  0 likes
Susan Pieroni

We have several Azure joined devices that are used by multiple staff members (receptionists) and found that RingCentral phone is installed on each individuals user profile " C:\Users\**User**\AppData\Local\Programs\RingCentral.exe" as opposed to a true installation. The problem is that each time a new user sits at one of these pc's we are having to reinstall the RingCentral phone app. This position has quite a bit of turnover and are constantly going through the install process.

Is anyone else running into this issue? If so how did you make is less cumbersome?

on Feb 21, 2023 at 11:51am   •  0 likes

I was able to install for all users but am struggling with updates. Are you aware of a no-update .msi for RingCentral Phone? I am only able to find a no-update .msi for RingCentral Desktop app.

on Feb 22, 2023 at 2:42am   •  0 likes

Do you try to decline such updates?

1 Answer
answered on Feb 21, 2023 at 2:31am  

Could you please explain why do you need re-install application for each user?

on Feb 23, 2023 at 7:30am   •  0 likes

@Gregory, thanks for helping @Susan Pieroni!

on Feb 23, 2023 at 5:24am   •  0 likes

Yes, it works perfectly if I decline the update but we have 30ish staff members amongst our locations that utilize these pc's and am sure at some point one will say yes to install. That being said this is still better than having to install the software for each user.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. It will definitely be a time saver.

on Feb 21, 2023 at 5:49am   •  0 likes

The RingCentral Phone app installs in App Data of the users' local profiles as opposed to Program Files or Program Files (x86). Since this is the case it is only available to the user that was logged in at the time of the install. Perhaps there is something we need to adjust during the install but when the install is run there aren't any option prompts.

on Feb 21, 2023 at 8:27am   •  0 likes

Great idea! I'll give that a try. Thank you so much!

on Feb 21, 2023 at 7:56am   •  0 likes

Try to use installation with Administrator privileges to Program Files folder. For this installation type you should install using command line parameter ALLUSERS=1.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us