News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Developers
How to turn off High Volume SMS for a number?
Tags: high-volume sms
Feb 26, 2023 at 7:59pm   •   1 replies  •  0 likes
Frank Gao

We previously applied for HV SMS with two numbers, and now we want to turn off HV SMS in one of them(end with 3316) so that we can send normal SMS in the RingCentral app.

1 Answer
answered on Mar 1, 2023 at 7:58pm  

Now we log in to the RingCentral APP with this number and still can't send SMS, prompting "Text messaging is not enabled for this number. Your admin may need to register this number with TCR enable SMS, or take other actions."Do we need to re-register TCR to enable SMS for this number?

answered on Feb 27, 2023 at 7:14am  

Use the same form which you used to request for HV SMS provision.

on Mar 1, 2023 at 7:59pm   •  0 likes

Now we log in to the RingCentral APP with this number and still can't send SMS, prompting "Text messaging is not enabled for this number. Your admin may need to register this number with TCR enable SMS, or take other actions."Do we need to re-register TCR to enable SMS for this number?

on Mar 2, 2023 at 7:24am   •  0 likes

So it is the number ending with 3316? I think while they convert it back to standard SMS, they also disable the SMS feature. I can enable it and I just did that. Can you test and confirm.

For TCR, I don't know the right answer if you will need to re-register for TCR. But I guess that you won't need to do that. Let confirm on the number above first.

on Mar 9, 2023 at 6:22pm   •  0 likes

@Phong Vu Can you help me?

on Mar 9, 2023 at 9:49pm   •  0 likes

Sorry that I lost this question. I just created a request for provisioning the number for standard SMS.

Please stay tuned.

on Mar 13, 2023 at 7:21pm   •  0 likes

@Phong Vu Sorry to tell you that it's still not working. I have tried using this number to send SMS yesterday and today, but every time it still reminds me that the message cannot be delivered.

on Mar 14, 2023 at 7:31am   •  0 likes

I check the case and here is the updates

The customer registered Brand ID but no Campaign ID created yet. Advise customer to complete the Campaign ID registration.
Guide here.

Please follow the instructions to to create a campaign id for your company.

on Mar 14, 2023 at 7:58pm   •  0 likes

@Phong Vu I have also noticed TCR, but I am not sure if that is the issue. Other numbers from the company have been sending standard messages without any problem, and there is no need to add Brand and Campaign. Even 3316 was working fine when sending standard messages a long time ago. However, after registering HV SMS and then closing it, I am no longer able to send messages normally.

on Mar 15, 2023 at 7:31am   •  0 likes

Can you confirm that other numbers from this account still can be used to send SMS messages?

on Mar 15, 2023 at 7:22pm   •  0 likes

Yes, absolutely. Other numbers can send text messages. I just tested sending a text message myself. Only the number 3316 cannot send or receive text messages. @Phong Vu

on Mar 16, 2023 at 7:31am   •  0 likes

Thanks for confirmation! I saw it from the log too. I already asked the team double check the case.

Meanwhile, please please check the instruction and create a campaign id for just in case and for the future. It is the mandatory requirements from mobile carriers.

on Mar 21, 2023 at 8:01pm   •  0 likes

@Phong Vu What's the progress on the case?

on Mar 29, 2023 at 2:55pm   •  0 likes

Sorry for the delay. The team confirmed that a campaign id must be obtained in order to get this number provisioned again. They said that other numbers under your account still have the SMS feature is because the numbers are registered under the default campaign id, which soon will be removed and if your company does not have an own campaign id, those numbers will lose the SMS feature by that time.

on Mar 19, 2023 at 7:39pm   •  0 likes

@Phong Vu This number still can't receive or send text messages. Is adding a campaign the only way available?

on Mar 2, 2023 at 7:16pm   •  0 likes

Ahh, there's still something wrong, When I send a test SMS prompting “The Message could not be delivered”

on Mar 2, 2023 at 6:50pm   •  0 likes

It's OK now,I have confirmed that it is now possible to send standard SMS, thank you!

on Feb 28, 2023 at 7:17pm   •  0 likes

Thanks, we have submitted a request for number 917672xxxx.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us