News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
TCR Campaign if we only receive texts
Tags: sms and text messaging
Mar 14, 2023 at 8:56am   •   1 replies  •  0 likes
Eric Ragland

We never send texts, but occasionally a client will send us one or a website will send a login passcode via text to our primary number. We need to continue being able to receive texts, but have no desire or need to ever send texts. I have registered the company, but do we need a campaign? As we do not send texts, it seems we would quickly fall into the "fines" for not sending enough, and all the verbiage I have seen about having SMS getting disabled only references sending texts, but we cannot afford getting locked of receiving texts... I cannot find a definitive answer. Please help!

1 Answer
answered on Mar 14, 2023 at 12:11pm  

@Eric Ragland Existing numbers likely will still be able to receive SMS but there is a risk inbound sms could also be disabled.

For new numbers (after Dec 1) no SMS cannot be enabled at all because we can’t only turn on inbound capabilities.

So existing numbers will likely still be able to receive but will not be able to send. New numbers will not be able to do either.
Hope this helps, but if you have further questions, please feel free to share them here.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us