News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Developers
How to enable A2PSmsSender feature for my extension
Tags: high-volume sms
Feb 9, 2023 at 12:58am   •   2 replies  •  0 likes
Khai Nguyen

Hello there,

I im building up the APIs for My company We just recently faced a problem that seems to need your help.

We are working to build a feature that uses Java API to send the High Volume SMS. We planed to using 2 bellow numbers:

(657)XXX6195 and (408) XXX-4000

We did submitted the form and contacted support team, they approved us but we still not able to send the HV SMS due exception bellow

{"errorCode":"CMN-101","message":"Parameter [from] value is invalid.","errors":[{"errorCode":"CMN-101","message":"Parameter [from] value is invalid."}]}

I query the features list and these 2 number don't have the feature A2PSmsSender as this docs required https://developers.ringcentral.com/guide/messaging/sms/high-volume/toll-free-sms-vs-local-numbers#java

Im login to your Campaign app https://www.sms-campaigns.com/login then it show up my number still "Enhanced Business SMS" instead of High Volume SMS number

Can you guys know how to add this feature "A2PSmsSender" to my extensions to avoid Error "Parameter [from] value is invalid.","errors""

I submitted ticket key for a white but no-one answer me yet. My case number is: 17419555

2 Answers
answered on Apr 3, 2023 at 10:35pm  

Hello there,

My TCR form has been approved but im still not able to call the API to send HV SMS

status code: 400

Date: Tue, 04 Apr 2023 05:11:24 GMT
Content-Type: application/json
Transfer-Encoding: chunked
Connection: keep-alive
RCRequestId: 24c7ac6c-d2a7-11ed-bfa4-005056bb7e80
X-Rate-Limit-Group: light
X-Rate-Limit-Limit: 50
X-Rate-Limit-Remaining: 48
X-Rate-Limit-Window: 60
RoutingKey: SJC01P17
CF-Cache-Status: DYNAMIC
Set-Cookie: __cf_bm=NGbEtXI879r_n_50NDodIB9SuyXx72sE2wMnLWBNcE0-1680585084-0-AeGHfrO/k/Zxp0KdZZ0kxdZv1Neg9JhfoEYrPCAx/wrneYEb3WiuaFYWgtzFNgBwMoigoMQVqa7sxLID7DdvXn0=; path=/; expires=Tue, 04-Apr-23 05:41:24 GMT; domain=.platform.ringcentral.com; HttpOnly; Secure; SameSite=None
Server: cloudflare
CF-RAY: 7b270ce4efe33e44-SIN

{"errorCode":"CMN-101","message":"Parameter [from] value is invalid.","errors":[{"errorCode":"CMN-101","message":"Parameter [from] value is invalid."}]}

HTTP Request
============
HTTP POST https://platform.ringcentral.com/restapi/v1.0/account/~/a2p-sms/batches

Authorization: Bearer U0pDMDFQMTdQQVMwMHxBQUEyYmQ0a3dMU2UtZkZmLVRudTFnakNnTmxCdG1JTHNILUJKNHZhRVZKMGRrcWl2c2NVek4ydDZHOVRGallnTDNvNE5yYVdIajVvWkR6MGlmMkVaWHVZSzkwTDY1Z1FSejRTTm1xd2wwMHh6dXo4d0FidmxXZ3pWSEVpNU1xdzRnZ3R1NEIwMWZLT0gxM01mZzFya3VfZ2M4dVl1Q1M2MHVyOW00R2VVakNCWmFlY091UFJQSHVDWkRSYXhiVFN5UnVJWTNXNk9oRXxEWV9uQWd8Vmtzd2NpMXQ0cGppTHpIWnNkaHM3Z3xBUXxBQXxBQUFBQUxzbnd3OA
X-User-Agent: RC-JAVA-SDK Java 1.8.0_221 Mac OS X

This happened on both of numbers: (657)XXX6195 and (408) XXX-4000

This is my code
    CreateSMSMessageBatchRequest parameters = new CreateSMSMessageBatchRequest();
    parameters.from = RC_USERNAME;
    parameters.text = "Hello Team, This is HV SMS";
    String[] numbers = new String[] {RECIPIENT_NUMBER, "+14243325470"};
    parameters.messages = new MessageCreateRequest[numbers.length];
    for (int i=0; i<numbers.length; i++) {
      MessageCreateRequest m = new MessageCreateRequest();
      m.to = new String[] {numbers[i]};
      parameters.messages[i] = m;
    }

Im using ringcentra-java v2.4 here https://github.com/ringcentral/ringcentral-java">https://github.com/ringcentral/ringcentral-java

Can you help me to check it out? I did find aground but could not find any solution for this.

on Apr 4, 2023 at 2:07pm   •  0 likes

I check your numbers and found that they are not provisioned for HV SMS. You can double check using the API to read the number features.

public void read_extension_phone_number() throws RestException, IOException{
      var resp =  restClient.restapi().account().extension().phonenumber().get();
      for (var record : resp.records) {
            for(var feature : record.features)
            {
              if (feature.equalsIgnoreCase("A2PSmsSender"))
              {
                // this number is a HV SMS number.
              }
            }
        }
    }

Then you have to send a request for HV SMS provisioning. Make sure that your TCR registration is for HV SMS as I wrote earlier.

on Apr 4, 2023 at 9:45pm   •  0 likes

That is correct. I used this code and could not found the A2PSmsSender feature. Im submitting the form now. If i need 2 number, that mean i have to submit 2 time?

I have a question please correct me if im wrong:

- TCR form is for all carrier out there not blocking us when sending a lot of SMS out and the from in this link is the way to enable A2PSmsSender feature? Because i have a notification that our TCR form has been approved but my 2 phone number could not send HV SMS yet.

on Apr 7, 2023 at 1:06pm   •  1 likes

Sorry for the delay response.

TCR for standard SMS is different from TCR for HV SMS. If I remember correctly, the TCR for HV SMS would cover also standard SMS but not the other way around.

And beside the TCR, your account must have a campaign id too. The campaign id is required by all mobile carriers to make sure messages sent from your account would match with the criteria and specifics you provided in the campaign id request.

on Apr 10, 2023 at 12:51am   •  0 likes

Thanks a lot for your detail information but i just received 1 more bad new that RC is now suspended process to request a new HV SMS. That mean our 2 numbers could not able to be A2P sender? Is that correct?

on Apr 10, 2023 at 7:54am   •  0 likes

From where or whom did you get the news that RingCentral suspends HV SMS request process?

on Apr 11, 2023 at 8:48pm   •  0 likes

I received the confirmation email from the address "devsupport@ringcentral.com". They said that the HV SMS is now discontinued and asked us to use https://sms-campaigns.com/ but we need the HV SMS via APIs instead of that website. Im not sure what should we do now. (I can fw you the email if needed)

on Apr 12, 2023 at 7:53am   •  1 likes

Yes, please. And let's communicate via email or if you want to chat directly with me. DM me from your RC app.

on Apr 12, 2023 at 9:46pm   •  0 likes

Thank you a lot but seem i could not find your email or phone number via this forum. Can you just email me via the email khai@? (You can hide my email after done)

on Apr 13, 2023 at 7:42am   •  0 likes

I see you joined this team "SMS-Campaigns App Support" a while ago. You can just click on my profile in the team and direct message me. I will be OoO in the next 2 days so next Monday would be good to get back to this.

on Apr 13, 2023 at 9:19pm   •  0 likes

Thanks a lot. Im really appreciated

answered on Feb 9, 2023 at 7:36am  

As you wrote that you have submitted the form and it got approved, I assume that it is the TCR registration form. That process does not include high volume SMS provision. Please use this form to submit your request HV SMS provisioning for those numbers.

on Feb 14, 2023 at 7:13pm   •  0 likes

Thanks for your response. We did submited 2 time for 2 number as bellow:

+16573346195 & +14088774000

1676430695094.png

The problem is that we are using JAVA JDK to send out the text but alway got the error

"errorCode":"CMN-101","message":"Parameter [from] value is invalid.

Im checked out and 2 above number don't have the feature "A2PSmsSender" we contact dev team but there are no update from the team.

Can you please help me to check it out?

on Feb 15, 2023 at 7:33am   •  0 likes

I am checking with the team to see the status your requests. Meanwhile, have you got the TCR approval yet? That process normally takes up to 1-2 weeks during this time. And the HV SMS number provision can only happen after the TCR campaign is approved for your account.

on Feb 15, 2023 at 10:32am   •  1 likes

They found that the TCR you submitted before went to the standard SMS. Unfortunately, there is no clear instruction in the form to notify if a request is for standard SMS or HV SMS so it goes to the default.

They ask now if you resubmit the TCR form and name the .pdf as follows, then they will reprocess the TCR registration before they can provision the HV SMS numbers.

RingCentral_TCR_<Your Company Name>_HVSMS.pdf

on Feb 15, 2023 at 5:59pm   •  0 likes

Thanks a lot for your response.

I'm in the form to submit the TCR form but i can't find where to upload the PDF file or what information for the RingCentral_TCR_<Your Company Name>_HVSMS.pdf

untitled.jpg

Did you mean i send the email to the team? Do we have any template so i can check it out?

on Feb 15, 2023 at 6:30pm   •  0 likes

untitled.jpg

form.jpg

I just submitted 2 other request as above. Please correct me if im do anything wrong.

on Feb 15, 2023 at 9:07pm   •  0 likes

I think it is the form for provisioning number and you have done that. For the TCR submission, check the instructions here and make sure you submit the right form with the name I mentioned above.

on Feb 15, 2023 at 10:38pm   •  0 likes

Thank you a lot. We are submitting this form now

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us