News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
Successful TCR campaign registration - Examples for passive SMS use?
Tags: tcr
Apr 7, 2023 at 8:02am   •   1 replies  •  0 likes
Sean Sands

Can anyone share examples of successful TCR campaign registrations for passive SMS use? Like many of the posters here, my organization only uses SMS to reply when someone (typically a stakeholder or employee) texts us. For example, our RingCentral numbers are in our email signatures, so our primary use case is someone texting to say they're running late for a meeting. They aren't posted anywhere else (only our main number is on our website, and we're not looking to use that number for any form of SMS), and I'm at a complete loss for how to document an opt-in for something like this.

If someone can share the specific steps they used to get a similar campaign approved, I suspect many of the users here would appreciate it!

1 Answer
answered on May 10, 2023 at 10:34am  

@Sean Sands

You can create a brand and chose a low volume conversational campaign time for this use case.

Check this link: https://support.ringcentral.com/article-v2/Setting-up-TCR-registration-assigning-numbers-to-SMS-campaigns.html?brand=RingCentral&product=MVP&language=en_US

For opt in consent, yes it's needed even for 1-1 conversations, but it's not as strict as a marketing messaging consent. So for your case, as mentioned in above article, it may fit in

"Initiating the text message exchange in which the Message Sender replies to the Consumer only with responsive information."

You can provide details on who initiates the message and if it's your customer, then it's kind of implicit consent. If your office starts a SMS normally, then yes you need to document the consent of the recipient.

For sample messages, you just need to provide real examples that your business uses. "I am running late for a meeting", "Can we meet over lunch today?" are perfect examples. For conversational use cases, these kind of examples are ok.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Gurpreet Singh

GPM, RingCentral Inc.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us