News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
Not seeing inbound call phone number on mobile app
Tags: caller id
Jun 15, 2023 at 9:30am   •   1 replies  •  0 likes
Josh Yoder

I see the city in my mobile app the person is calling from and not their phone number for caller ID. If I view missed calls afterwards, I can see the missed call's phone number. I don't need to see the city a call is coming from, I need to see their number. How do I fix this?

1 Answer
answered on Jun 15, 2023 at 3:04pm  

Does this happen on all calls? If not, the issue may be attributed to the CLEC that owns the number. Try calling the mobile app from your office phone or maybe another cell phone.

on Jun 28, 2023 at 12:48pm   •  0 likes

IMG_4320.PNG Sorry for the delay, here's a slightly different example. Sometimes it'll say Unknown and unknown right below, or the city the person is calling from. If there was a way to just list the phone number that is calling, that would be the best.

I can see the inbound number on desktop and I can see it on the call log after the call on mobile, so it seems like it should be possible. I'm not sure if it is on every call, but it's at least on on most of them.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us