News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
Incoming Fax Setting with ATA and Fax Machine
Tags: fax
Jul 31, 2023 at 3:19pm   •   1 replies  •  0 likes
Jeremy Seidl

I'm considering installing a polycom ATA via RingCentral to allow some of my staff to still send outgoing faxes via our old fax machine. I'd like to still have all incoming faxes go to email and NOT to the old machine. Is this possible? Anyone have this type of setup or know of how to set this up when I install my ATA?

1 Answer
answered on Aug 1, 2023 at 8:01am  

It's possible. I will first write what you want, to make sure I got everything right, and then I will explain how to set it up.

WHAT YOU WANT
- ATA for outgoing faxes. Should present the main fax number as caller ID.
- also sending outgoing faxes through the app or using email-to-fax. Should present the main fax number as caller ID in these cases as well.
- Incoming faxes are received to one or several email addresses.

HOW TO DO IT

• ATA
    set up a new user for the ATA. Set the fax number as outbound caller id for calls and faxes. there should be a step-by-step on how to set up an ATA if you search the support page or google sth like "ATA ringcentral"

• NON-ATA
    - go to phone system>Phone numbers > All numbers and click on the fax number. Make sure it is assigned to the "Operator extension".
    - Check who the operator extension is in Phone system > Auto receptionist > General Settings > Company Call Handling > Scroll down and look for Company Fax/SMS Recipient
    - Go to Users and click on the ext. that is the Company Fax Recipient. Go to notifications>switch to advanced settings>customize notifications for Received fax. Uncheck "Use same email as voicemail" and add the email addresses which should receive an email whenever a fax is received.
    Include attachment with email

In case you want something slightly different than what I described, it's probably possible. Just ask here and I'll try to help.

on Aug 1, 2023 at 8:21am   •  0 likes

I'm always impressed with your suggestions @Welcome 01! (clap emoji)

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us