News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Developers
Telephony Session Has No Records
Tags: rest api
Aug 29, 2023 at 11:38pm   •   1 replies  •  0 likes
DEV - Musthafa Ali

Hi,

I am trying to access call logs as per the blog post (the end purpose being to identify call waiting times)

RingCentral Telephony Session Events Notifications | by Phong Vu | RingCentral Developers | Medium

However when I use the api I get no records.

I just wanted to check if there was any different settings I should be using.

Below are the inputs I have presented

Get : https://platform.ringcentral.com/restapi/v1.0/subscription?/restapi/v1.0/account/{accountId}/telephony/sessions

Authorization: bearer plus access token

Accept: application/json

1 Answer
answered on Aug 30, 2023 at 7:04am  

I don't know where and how you learn about that "Get" endpoint, but that is completely a wrong endpoint.

To subscribe for event notifications, you need to make a POST request to this endpoint with specified event filters. That was what I mentioned in the article.

Telephony session event notifications

RingCentral platform supports PubNub notification and Webhook notification frameworks. You can register for receiving notifications of many types of events, and for the telephony session event type, use can choose one of the following event filters:

• Account level: “/restapi/v1.0/account/{accountId}/telephony/sessions”
  • Extension level: “/restapi/v1.0/account/{accountId}/extension/{extensionId}/telephony/sessions”

Using the account level filter, you will be able to receive telephony session events of all the extensions under that account. And using the extension level, you will be able to receive telephony session events of a particular extension specified by the extension id. If you want to receive telephony session events of more than one extension, but not all the extensions under the account, you can specify an event filter array as show below:

var eventFilters = [
"/restapi/v1.0/account/~/extension/11111111/telephony/sessions",
"/restapi/v1.0/account/~/extension/22222222/telephony/sessions",
"/restapi/v1.0/account/~/extension/33333333/telephony/sessions"
]

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us