News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
Queue Call Holds to Answer Another Call
Tags: call queues
Feb 1, 2023 at 12:54pm   •   2 replies  •  1 likes
Sara Jennings

Is it possible to put a queue call on hold in order to answer a waiting call? For example, speaking with queue call customer-1, while customer-2 is queued. I want to put customer-1 on a brief hold to answer customer-2, then place customer-2 on hold and return to helping customer-1. Once done, then take customer-2 off of hold.

2 Answers
answered on Oct 27, 2023 at 10:41am  

I found a workaround for this. In the Call Queue settings go to "Pick up settings & members" and add your users and they'll have a button on the phone or the RC client a button on the HUD. And in the settings, for the pick-up settings & members, you can change when the button alerts the users.

- On the phone, it'll flash red if another call is coming in while on a call from the call queue or any call. On the RingCentral app, it rings and lets you know with a pop-up and it plays whatever ringtone you've selected in the settings. Unfortunately, it doesn't ring the phone while on a call so users will have to pay attention.

- If the users are using the softphone option it works the same but you can answer calls and put them on hold.

If you have more questions about this let me know. Or and new findings also let me know

on Oct 30, 2023 at 7:32am   •  0 likes

Danny, thank you for sharing your knowledge. Your insights are much appreciated and I look forward to hearing more from you in the future.

answered on Feb 2, 2023 at 10:38am  

Hi @Sara Jennings! This behavior is not possible with Call Queue. Incoming calls are distributed equally to members depending on the order of the call, so a user cannot answer multiple calls.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us