News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
Call queue calls showing as missed when another member of the call queue answered the call
Tags: call queues
Dec 2, 2020 at 9:32am   •   14 replies  •  7 likes
Sari Dominczyk

Hi, we have set up a call queue with several agents. Even if an agent answers a call, the other agents in the queue show the same call as missed. Is there a setting that can be activated so all of the call queue agents show the call as answered?

on Mar 31, 2023 at 2:51pm   •  0 likes

It has now been over a couple years since this was brought up, and still no movement from your product enhancement team. 350 upvotes, 20 merged ideas, and a slew of comments pleading for updates and timeline when this can be expected. What is going on??

on Aug 20, 2021 at 10:07am   •  0 likes

It would be nice if the call log said, "missed call, other agent answered". It would be nice to see the agent’s name that answer the call, but I don't want to push my luck.

on Aug 23, 2021 at 8:05am   •  0 likes

Hi @chris-russell, you can add a comment at the existing feature request here.

on Feb 9, 2021 at 8:02am   •  3 likes

How do team members know who to follow up with if all the calls are showing as missed? What is the recommended workflow? I do not want team members calling back the same customer since they don't know if someone picked up or not.

on Mar 11, 2021 at 9:08am   •  0 likes

yes we want to know if someone answers the call in the queue. How do we know if some one answers the call in the queue, we should be able to know.

on Mar 11, 2021 at 1:56pm   •  0 likes

Please do share with me if you come up with some solution for this.

on May 12, 2021 at 8:32am   •  2 likes

(typing for the second time as the first tried logging me in again then lost the content).

This is a major problem for us and a fundamental design flaw in any real world application.

We have a team of 6 on main reception, 1 member answers leaving 5 members with missed calls on their phones (T57W). This leads to considerable confusion, extra workload and inevitable duplication with our customers. I cannot understand why design in this way.

If it is not sorted quickly we are likely to have to cancel our contract, which is a huge shame as the system in general is excellent.

on Apr 29, 2021 at 11:59am   •  2 likes

I appreciate the explanation. My concern is with the end users that don't have access to the portal. They see Missed Call in the RingCentral app and they cannot tell if it was a missed call for them or the queue.

on Apr 29, 2021 at 12:00pm   •  1 likes

yes i agree with you

on May 6, 2021 at 2:15pm   •  1 likes

Here to throw my 2c in as well, we've recently switched to RingCentral and this issue has been plaguing our teams. To the extent that now most just don't pay any mind to the missed call notifications and instead just wait for a voicemail to be returned (which, the fact the call queue voicemail can't be accessed in the app is also an issue).

As Matt mentioned, the end user won't have access to the portal to run a call log report, and even if they did to require they do that every time? Rather than, at a glance in the app being able to identify which calls were answered and which need to be returned.

on May 7, 2021 at 7:31am   •  1 likes

We understand your frustration, Chad. Please continue adding your votes here.

on Jun 4, 2021 at 10:14am   •  1 likes

It has been nearly a month now, and still not seeing any movement on this issue. What is the current status? Votes have already been added, and on the ideas page you have plenty of sound feedback supporting the notion that this needs to be resolved.

on Apr 29, 2021 at 9:04am   •  0 likes

It do not show up on the app, so each time we cant keep login on web just to just this logs. We should have an option to see on app

on Apr 26, 2021 at 6:02pm   •  1 likes

Hi there - Can we get a status update on the issue outlined in the opening post? That was over 3 months ago. We've just had ring central set up here at my office and we are experiencing this same issue - calls being answered by other staff in the queue are showing as 'missed' on the other staff in that same queue even if the call was answered by someone else. There needs to be a way to change this.
We can't have staff asking others constantly if every call was in fact answered and not missed. Particularly if they aren't in the same room, or working from home that day.

on Apr 27, 2021 at 8:14am   •  0 likes

Hello Steve, there is still no update on this request. We are continuously monitoring for the changes in the Phone System, and we will get back to this post once this is corrected.

on Jan 22, 2021 at 7:22am   •  0 likes

Any answers to this?

5 Answers
answered on Apr 15, 2024 at 12:26pm  

Agreed, haven't see a fix for this, is this looking to be fixed?

answered on Mar 28, 2024 at 11:38am  

Has this been fixed now, incidentally just found this thread when looking for something else prior to completing a migration over to RingCentral and this is going to be a huge problem for us. It's quite literally baffling that it is being considered a missed call in a queue even if someone else answers it...

answered on Mar 31, 2023 at 2:50pm  

It has now been over a couple years since this was brought up, and still no movement from your product enhancement team. 350 upvotes, 20 merged ideas, and a slew of comments pleading for updates and timeline when this can be expected. What is going on??

answered on Mar 15, 2022 at 5:12pm  

Unfortunately another highly voted for feature request that still is not fixed, bumping this as a reminder to please keep voting for this to be addressed here:- https://ideas.ringcentral.com/ideas/DPW-I-5

answered on Apr 28, 2021 at 1:12pm  

The best place to review which call queue calls are Answered or Missed is the Call Queue Management portal. User Call Log shows call results from the User's (Agent) perspective. e.g. the system offered a call which was not answered. Call Queue Call Log shows call results from the Caller's perspective. The summary line shows the final result of the call. Expanding the record shows which Agent answered or missed the call.

call-queue-call-log.png

call-queue-call-log-expanded.png

on Apr 29, 2021 at 8:38am   •  0 likes

Thanks for sharing this, @george-gary!

answered on Jan 22, 2021 at 8:51am  

This is normal behavior for our call queue that would show missed calls on the other group members. We would highly suggest adding your vote HERE., and we'll share it with our Product Managers. Thank you!

answered on Jan 22, 2021 at 7:22am  

Any answers for this?

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us