News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
Can't Access shared directory on Yealink W56H phones
Tags: hardware
Jan 11, 2021 at 7:41pm   •   2 replies  •  1 likes
Steven Weber

I just started working with RC with an office pro account and simultaneously purchased A Yealink W60P and 3 additional W56H wireless DECT phones. I had done a lot of research on the phone beforehand and learned that the handsets had a shared directory feature, whereby if you add a contact to any phone the contact gets added to all phones. There is also a local directory where contact additions are only saved on that phone. My problem is that after going through the activation and configuration process with Ring Central, there is no access to the shared directory, only the local directory. The RC support person spent a lot of time trying to figure out why the shared directory feature of the phone was not working, and I have spent hours googling, looking thru forums, etc, all to no avail. Does anybody know why I would be having this problem and, more importantly, how I can fix it? Having to add each new contact 4 separate times for each handset would be a dealbreaker and I will have to cancel my RC service and return the equipment. Any help would be ENORMOUSLY appreciated

on Mar 16, 2021 at 2:30pm   •  0 likes

Waiting on this as well.

Trying to manually configure yealink devices, T48, T46 and T42 to be able to access the LDAP directory but with no luck yet.

1 Answer
answered on Apr 16, 2024 at 10:27am  

I wonder if the newly released External Shared Contacts Directory feature helps the issue here?

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us