News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
Texting is a main part of my business and now part of my sales process, so is there a way to get reports of how many text each user sends?
Tags: sms and text messaging
Aug 18, 2017 at 10:28am   •   5 replies  •  1 likes
tax

I am with Clean Slate Tax, users of RingCentral and we use texting more to reach our clients that we made it part of our sales process. Is there any way to get reports of users for the amount of texts sent, when, and so on? If there isn't, then is there a way to get reports of how many text each user sends? I would like to request that.

on May 12, 2022 at 2:07pm   •  0 likes

Thanks @tom-franciosi great info!

on May 11, 2022 at 12:23pm   •  0 likes

I have the same concern not that RC will be charging for text messaging use. I need to know who is using texts so I can manage their use.

on May 12, 2022 at 1:48pm   •  0 likes

@tom-franciosi what exactly would you be needing for SMS reporting purposes?

on May 12, 2022 at 2:05pm   •  0 likes

I would like to be able to see who (people and call queues) is using SMS with volume and costs. Total volume and cost for outbound and inbound. Alerting beyond when the prepurchased volume is exceeded would be helpful to make sure I don't get a scary high invoice when it's too late to react. Perhaps set dollar thresholds to alert on when exceded. At this point, I need simple usage reporting. That may identify the need for setting limits on users or phone numbers to control excessive usage. Knowing who my big consumers are at least lets me know who to talk to.

Up to this point, I have had no visibility into our use and don't know what questions to ask about that use. So it's hard to state exactly what I need for reporting.

on Sep 2, 2020 at 1:18pm   •  0 likes

We have the same issue. A significant amount of our time is spent texting. I need reporting by user and total volume on inbound and outbound texts.

2 Answers
answered on Apr 23, 2024 at 10:41am  

where is this? the ideas link goes to nowhere.

answered on May 11, 2022 at 1:18pm  

This idea is a future consideration. Please vote for this feature at https://ideas.ringcentral.com/ideas/ENTCOM-I-58.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us