News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Developers
Long-Running subscription issues C# SDK
Tags: sdk
Dec 9, 2015 at 3:59am   •   10 replies  •  0 likes
chris-goetz

I have a winform app that will run either minimized or in the system tray. Part of its job is to display incoming caller info. I am using the C# SDK to successfully authenticate, create the subscription and then receive notification information. The problems start when I just leave the program running and no new events are coming in simulating the use case where someone leaves the program running overnight (or an extended lunch). We start to see first chance web socket exceptions, null exceptions and eventually a code break will happen and a final error will indicate that objects have been optimized away. These errors are coming from the SDK code and don't bubble up through any try/catch code so that I could handle the error. The application is dead simple at this point. It connects, authorizes, creates a subscription and listens via callbacks. Is there a method I need to call on a timer to keep the objects alive?

10 Answers
answered on Apr 3, 2016 at 2:34pm  
Testing with the simplified code shared above.  Looks like the original issues are fixed.  Ran for many hours and did not see a disconnect.  A new issue seems to be we are not getting subscription messages when the presence is supposed to change to "Ringing".  The softphone is still configured to connect to the sandbox account and is prompting correctly for inbound calls.  When watching the code execution we are getting nothing on the notification side from the subscription.  Tested this out on the original code, and the simplified example shared above.  No dice.

answered on Mar 27, 2016 at 12:38pm  
We have uploaded an alpha fix for this on to NuGet:

0.1.2 alpha 4: http://www.nuget.org/packages/RingCentralSDK/0.1.2-alpha4

Please try it out and provide feedback here or on GitHub:

GitHub issues: https://github.com/ringcentral/ringcentral-csharp/issues

Thanks!

answered on Feb 9, 2016 at 9:27am  
We are aware of these blocking issues which have been reported in the Github repository for the RingCentral C# SDK, and we are working on prioritizing this work to get our developers unblocked.

In the meantime, the RingCentral C# SDK is open source, and we welcome contributions from our community. Please see the Github Issue tracker for reported issues and follow the contribution documentation to become an active contributor this open source project.https://github.com/ringcentral/ringcentral-csharp/issues

answered on Feb 9, 2016 at 9:10am  
Hi everyone I am also having issue with Pubnub C# sdk and Presence Api. I am not being able to receive notifications when RingCentral phone changes its state. can anyone please help me?

I have created a new forum post link is below please have a look
https://devcommunity.ringcentral.com/ringcentraldev/topics/having-issue-when-using-c-sdk-and-using-p...

answered on Dec 17, 2015 at 11:07am  
Hello Chris,

Have you resolved this issue with Geremy's assistance?

answered on Dec 10, 2015 at 7:04pm  
Got it.  Just sent an email over with all of the details.  I'll be happy to share the exact code that we are using to test the functionality if the instructions for recreating don't make sense in the support ticket.

answered on Dec 10, 2015 at 6:22pm  
@chris & @eziel, please contact us directly at support@pubnub.com so we can get the appropriate steps to repro, and more info on your configs, so we can fix this.

answered on Dec 10, 2015 at 9:59am  
Definitely leaning toward an issue with pubnub.  Getting these errors continuously today.

StatusCode=5040
Severity=Critical
MessageSource=Server
IsDotNetException=False
Message=
DetailedDotNetException=
PubnubWebRequest=PubNubMessaging.Core.PubnubWebRequest PubnubWebResponse=PubNubMessaging.Core.PubnubWebResponse
Channel=
ChannelGroup=
Description=Gateway Timeout. Please try again. If the issue continues, please contact PubNub support
ErrorDateTimeGMT=12/10/2015 5:47:56 PM

After receiving that particular message, I wait 60 seconds and reconnect to the subscription. It will run for about 60 seconds and then throw the error again.

answered on Dec 10, 2015 at 9:53am  
I have the same experience. its an issue with pubnub. I publicly complaint about it on stackoverflow a year ago. http://stackoverflow.com/questions/24144196/keeping-connection-to-pubnub-open

answered on Dec 9, 2015 at 1:16pm  
Quick update.  I downloaded the code from github and compiled locally.  Used those in the project instead of getting the SDK from Nuget.  Isolated the issue to the PubnubCore ClientNetworkStatus.cs file.  Looks like the error is being thrown from the ParseCheckSocketConnectException<T> method.  Looks like it believes that the Internet/socket connection was lost.  Still looks like an object was caught up by garbage collection but I can't tell which one.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us