News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Developers
304 error after transition to production
Tags: error
Apr 7, 2016 at 10:02pm   •   7 replies  •  0 likes
Bob Thompson

I see this issue in another thread and I don't know if I'm supposed to place at the bottom of it or a new thread. I didn't see the issue resolved however. I am having the same issue. I graduated form development to production today. I changed my URLs to the platform.ringcentral.com address. I changed my key & secret codes to production values and immediately received a 304 error. After reading your post on the previous thread, I checked with my RingCentral account and tried changing my credentials to the phone number, extension & password of the operator's extension to no avail. I also tried changing them to my credentials(super admin), again to no avail. I'm at a loss.

Thanks,

bob

7 Answers
answered on Apr 11, 2016 at 9:36am  
Bob, according to what I can see, 16788841809 is mapped to ext.124 while your operator extension is 113. Even if you are logged as an operator, you cannot send SMS from other users' direct numbers. In your particular scenario, to be able to send from 16788841809 you need:

- either authenticate as ext.124
- or unassign 16788841809 from ext.124 and make it additional company number 

Anton

answered on Apr 11, 2016 at 9:20am  
OK, I changed my send from number to 16788841809, one of our local numbers.  I am still getting my token logged in as our operator as required (18778897640),  I am still getting a 304 error.  Do I have to change my operator number to a local number as well?

answered on Apr 11, 2016 at 9:06am  
Oh, this is very simple: RingCentral does not currently support sending SMS from toll-free numbers. This limitation is primarily because inability of some carriers to route inbound SMS to toll free numbers.

I suspect that if you try any local company number (if you have one) it will work.

Anton  

answered on Apr 11, 2016 at 8:38am  
Anton,  

Still getting the error, I tried switching back to the development server and works fine.  Back to production and get the error.  I am logging in with number 18778897640 (operator) and sending with number 18883931083.

Thanks,
bob

answered on Apr 11, 2016 at 8:10am  
Hi Bob,

basing on your post I expect that you have read https://devcommunity.ringcentral.com/ringcentraldev/topics/how-to-send-sms-from-the-main-company-num...

If you are still getting MSG-304 after making all these steps, please let us know what phone number you use to login and what number you choose to send SMS from.

Thanks,

Anton

answered on Apr 8, 2016 at 6:28am  
Thanks for the assistance.  The endpoint is: /restapi/v1.0/account/~/extension/~/sms

answered on Apr 8, 2016 at 1:21am  
Hi Bob,

What is the API endpoint which is resulting in the HTTP 304 error code. 

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us