News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Developers
[OutboundSMS] permission required
Tags: rest api, permissions
Nov 16, 2016 at 8:28am   •   2 replies  •  0 likes
point-of-rental-software

I worked in sandbox 16503514555, and could send SMS . today it stopped and got error says 403 [OutboundSMS] permission required, I did not change anycode. is any way I can get permission back to send sms like before in sand box? it worked very well before.

https://platform.devtest.ringcentral.com/restapi/v1.0/account/~/extension/~/sms";

2 Answers
answered on Nov 17, 2016 at 10:47am  
I was unable to recreate this issue and have some diagnosing/debugging tests/questions you can run to isolate this issue further:

1. Does your extension's serviceFeatures include an object with the featureName === "SMS" && is enabled === true, respectively?

GET /restapi/v1.0/account/~/extension/~/ HTTP/1.1
Host: platform.devtest.ringcentral.com
Authorization: Bearer {{REPLACE_WITH_YOUR_ACCESS_TOKEN}}
Accept: application/json
Content-Type: application/json

The result will be details about the extension you are currently authenticated as via the API. The response will contain a "serviceFeatures" property which is an array of serviceFeatureObjects).

2. Is from.phoneNumber of your SMS POST body an SMS enabled phone number from which your authenticated user can send an SMS?

GET /restapi/v1.0/account/~/extension/~/phone-number HTTP/1.1
Host: platform.devtest.ringcentral.com
Authorization: Bearer {{REPLACE_WITH_YOUR_ACCESS_TOKEN}}
Accept: application/json
Content-Type: application/json

The result will be a list of phone numbers which your currently authenticated user is permitted able to set as "from.phoneNumber" while creating outbound communications. The response will contain a list of phoneNumberObjects and each object will have a "features" property which is an array of features enabled for that phoneNumberObject. Match your SMS from.phoneNumber to the phoneNumberObject records.phoneNumber and validate that "SmsSender" is a feature which is enabled for the phoneNumber you are using as the "from" of your SMS POST body please.

Please report the results of these tests here so I can help you appropriately.

answered on Nov 16, 2016 at 9:42am  
Which application is this please?

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us