News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Developers
Expiring a Production App Secret?
Tags: rest api
Mar 23, 2017 at 12:52pm   •   4 replies  •  0 likes
Julio Toledo

Is it possible to expire and generate a new app secret for a REST API app that is already in production, or is this one of those "immutable" properties?

4 Answers
answered on Mar 26, 2017 at 8:33pm  
Thanks Anton. I appreciate the facts that your apps are carefully curated, it helps protect everyone involved and insures a better outcome.

Having said that, I think some minor things could be submitted by the developer and then reviewed and approved by you without re-graduation.

I will post a request for redirect uri's soon.

answered on Mar 24, 2017 at 2:10am  
I think we can create new app key and secret upon request and delete old one. But we cannot update a secret for the same key.

Regarding your second question. Yes, we can apply minor changes to your app upon your  request without re-graduation. You can contact developers support for it privately.

answered on Mar 23, 2017 at 2:07pm  
Thanks Benjamin.

Don't suspect that, however I wanted to know if at least the App Secret portion could be easily refreshed to help safeguard an application. Other APIs provide that functionality that's why I asked.

Our application is under regular use by customers so it is not something that we could easily suspend and re-create...

That brings me to another important question regarding app versioning. Do we have to go thru app approval process all over again even if it's a minor change such as the redirect uri property?

answered on Mar 23, 2017 at 1:49pm  
App Secrets cannot be regenerated. You can create a new application if needed.

Regardless, if you are concerned that your App Key and/or App Secret have been attacked or lost, you should immediately suspend that application in the developer portal and then create a new application.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us