News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Developers
Processing TIFF Attachments in RingCentral using NodeJS
Tags: sdk
Apr 3, 2017 at 6:58am   •   4 replies  •  0 likes
april-beckett

I have a program written in Node using the "RingCentral" package, the program downloads faxes sent to a RingCentral account. When the faxes are in PDF format everything works correctly, however if the fax attachment happens to be a TIFF image (only very few are) the data returned seems to be incomplete, it is always 390 bytes. Inspecting the file shows that it is indeed the TIFF image (starts with II*).

Has anyone come across this issue? is there a way to force all faxes to be stored as PDF by RingCentral?

Thanks!

4 Answers
answered on Apr 3, 2017 at 11:34am  

I am not exactly sure as to why the faxes are failing during the reception process Could you provide logs ( if you have any ) for these requests please ? ( please do not publish any sensitive data on the logs )

You could also open a support case via :

• Email the developer support team with the necessary details or submit a support ticket and we could take a look at the logs to investigate more.

Thanks!

answered on Apr 3, 2017 at 10:38am  
After rerunning my own test again I realized these faxes are also having problems through the web interface, so the attachment must be corrupted for some reason. I must have clicked on a different fax before. Sorry for the confusion.

I do wonder why some of these (and again, they are very few) are like this, is as if the reception process failed at some point by the fax shows on the message tab as if it had been received successfully.

answered on Apr 3, 2017 at 9:49am  
Thanks for the reply!

When I read the message through the API, the contentType is set to "image/tiff", this is for a very small number of faxes, most of them come in as PDF. I am only fetching received faxes, and this is confirmed by looking at the messageStatus which is "Received".

I'll try the sample application to see if I can learn more.

answered on Apr 3, 2017 at 9:46am  
April,

The faxes when you download using our API's would store them as PDF files. I tried to replicate the issue but I am able to download the file as a .PDF format.

Scenario :
  • Send a fax to a Ringcentral Account / Extension with a ( *.tif) file format as attachment
  • Retreive the fax by making the below API call : 
  • GET /account/~/extension/~/message-store
Also, I do perform a small check to see if the response header has "Content-Type" : 'application/pdf', so as to save the attachment as .pdf file format. 

Kindly refer to this sample ( demo ) PHP application to know more :
https://github.com/anilkumarbp/ringcentral-demos-data-archival/blob/master/demo/messageStore.php

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us