News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Developers
Is there any metadata api ?
Tags: sdk
Apr 26, 2017 at 2:57pm   •   3 replies  •  0 likes
satish-numburi

I would like to know if there is any metadata api or any schema files w.r.t API , Looking for a way to fetch dynamically Request and Response structures of the api.

3 Answers
answered on Apr 26, 2017 at 5:28pm  
It will be definitely maintained but it is not guaranteed to be immediately consistent with released versions. Documentation and Developer Portal interactive tools update cycle is decoupled from Sandbox and Production update cycle. Also there may be different versions of API deployed in Sandbox and Production. So this topic is pretty complicated.

If you can share your use case I may try to suggest the best possible solution.

answered on Apr 26, 2017 at 3:38pm  
Thanks much for your reply. Surely it will help to begin my work :). But would like to know is this spec will be maintained going fwd with the release version? My concern is our product will be dependent on these metadata :).

answered on Apr 26, 2017 at 3:29pm  
Hi Satish,

will Swagger spec work for you? It is published here: https://developer.ringcentral.com/api-explorer/latest/index.html

At the same time I cannot guarantee it is 100% consistent with latest API version but should be pretty close.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us