News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Developers
Authorize API with Web Application Failed
Tags: sdk
Jul 2, 2017 at 10:31am   •   6 replies  •  0 likes
tayyab-sajjad

I am trying to connect my web app to ringcentral for sending Fax but i am unable to authorize my application to ringcentral.When i am trying to run sample GIT folder it is giving unauthorized error.

Test 1: authData.php Auth exception: Refresh token has expired Exception: Unauthorized for this grant type SDK HTTP Error at https://platform.devtest.ringcentral.com/restapi/oauth/token Response text: { "error" : "unauthorized_client", "error_description" : "Unauthorized for this grant type", "errors" : [ { "errorCode" : "OAU-251", "message" : "Unauthorized for this grant type" } ] } Previous: Response has unsuccessful status

#Windows #PHP

6 Answers
answered on Jul 11, 2019 at 12:52pm  

answered on Jun 18, 2019 at 12:10am  

This a common issue user face. Similar type of question raised here.

More precisely discussed here.

If you're using an OAuth 2.0 request using the OAuth 2.0 password grant (grant_type=password), then your application you created should in the RingCentral Developer Portal should be Password flow .

Please note, application created with different platform type will have different grant_type.

For example, application created for platform type = browser based will have grant_type=Authorization Code | Implicit | Refresh Access Token where as application for platform type = Desktop/Windows will have grant_type= Authorization Code | Password flow |Refresh Access Token

So in order to use (grant_type=password) you need to have application created with platform type that support Password flow

Here is wonderful way it has answered with animated Gif image that will easily help you to understand the proccess: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/47692828/ringcentral-auth-token-failed-in-curl-call-unauthorized-for-this-grant-type/47745436#47745436

answered on Jul 5, 2017 at 4:44am  
Can you help me how to resolve this ?

answered on Jul 3, 2017 at 5:50pm  

If it's a sandbox app, you can simply create a new app instead to enable password flow.

By the way, public app doesn't support password flow.

If you have difficulty configuring it, please contact the developer support team or submit a support ticket.

answered on Jul 3, 2017 at 5:16am  
See it is not showing the password flow option..... Please help me 

answered on Jul 2, 2017 at 5:48pm  
The key message is "Unauthorized for this grant type".

Please check your app to make sure it supports the grant type.

Ref: https://github.com/ringcentral/ringcentral-php/issues/39#issuecomment-242907546 

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us