News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Developers
OAuth Authentication Code Flow: change variable name in authenticated response URL containing code from "code" to something else
Tags: sdk
Aug 25, 2017 at 11:29am   •   2 replies  •  0 likes
sachal-malick

I am building a RingCentral application on a server that for security purposes will not take any POST/GET variables other than a specified one. When I try to authenticate, the response url which contains the code as a query string variable with the variable name "code", causes my server to stop the script from running. I would like to change the variable name in the response url that contains the authorization code. Is this possible? Can it be done using response_type? RingCentral specifies on the API that response_type must be set to "code" so I'm not sure. Any advice would be highly appreciated.

2 Answers
answered on Aug 25, 2017 at 4:34pm  
The logic is part of a framework I am using and it cannot be changed.  I imagine it is to protect the server from attacks hidden in GET/POST requests.
What are my options?

answered on Aug 25, 2017 at 3:25pm  
The parameter named "code" is a required field in the OAuth 2.0 standard, IETF RFC 6749, so it is commonly used and accepted.

https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6749#section-4.1.2

The behavior of your server sounds odd. Is this logic part of your own application code or a framework you are using? Do you know why it does this and whether the logic be changed?

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us