News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Developers
How to get call answered time?
Tags: rest api
Oct 13, 2017 at 8:32am   •   3 replies  •  0 likes
zareef-hussain

I am trying to get call answered time in a live call but can't seem to find API for it.

The scenario is when a user calls I want to get the time the user called until the call is picked up. I am able to get the time the call was made through Call Log API's "Get User Active Calls" method but unable to get the time the call was answered. Is there a way to achieve this?

Any help would be appreciated.

3 Answers
answered on Oct 18, 2017 at 5:17am  
The problem is in API Explorer, unfortunately it doesn't work for Subscription API case. We've included the fix in the next release. Thank you for pointing this out.

Meanwhile is it possible for you to use our API directly? All you need is authorize and create subscription.

answered on Oct 16, 2017 at 6:40am  
Hi Igor,

Thank you for the answer. The solution works perfect, however, there is an issue. Is there a way to monitor the event in real time? i-e; to get the response as soon as telephony status is changed. Or if a webhook URL is sent once the telephony status is changed?

Your answer is appreciated.

Thanks,
Zareef

answered on Oct 13, 2017 at 8:53am  
Hi Zareef,
You can try to use Presence API, see https://developers.ringcentral.com/api-docs/latest/index.html#!#RefUserPresence.html
Once call is picked up "telephonyStatus" is changed to "CallConnected". 

The same data is available via Push Notifications, see https://developers.ringcentral.com/api-docs/latest/index.html#!#RefGetExtensionPresenceEvent 
All you need is to subscribe on "Extension Presence Event" and monitor for events with "telephonyStatus" : "CallConnected".
Please advise if it works for you, otherwise we could try to find another way to resolve your problem.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us