News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
Network: Failover to 2nd ISP
Tags: hardware
Jul 30, 2016 at 2:36pm   •   7 replies  •  0 likes
deanpar

Small office with 30 phones - we have a Cisco 5520 firewall configured to failover to a secondary ISP (Different Static IP) if we lose service, the failover happens in 2 seconds -- is there any way to keep phone calls alive if the outgoing IP address changes mid call?

In my testing the phone has a registration problem when the failover occurs

The internet has no issue when the failover happens - videos continue to stream, email works, etc.

on Sep 30, 2020 at 8:52am   •  0 likes

Hello @deanpar, apologies! I highly suggest you create a case for this. You can click HERE, to open a case. Thank you!

6 Answers
answered on Sep 28, 2020 at 8:45pm  

Does anyone know the time required to re-register, willing to sacrifice the existing call but can't wait 10 minutes for the phones to come back on line.

on Sep 30, 2020 at 8:55am   •  0 likes

Hello @Brad Johnson, apologies! I highly suggest you create a case for this. You can click HERE, to open a case. Thank you!

answered on Aug 3, 2016 at 11:17am  
Claudio - We failover from one ISP to another ISP (Comcast Cable - Verizon FIOS) - but have issues with the phones. Both ISP connections go into a Cisco Firewall which is setup to monitor the primary connection out to 4.4.2.2 - if the ping echos stop for more than 2 secs we failover - the Firewall senses when the connection is available and reverts back. Currently we are tracking which service is the most reliable and using that as primary... I have not yet looked into BigLeaf - did a little reading and may contact them...

answered on Aug 3, 2016 at 11:03am  
DeanPar, what equipment are you using now as a Failover? we have a couple of offices with Charter/CenturyLink + Verizon, but we have the same problem if the main line goes down, after a couple of seconds the Wireless Verizon line comes up, but the phones need time to re-register... BigLeaf is a 3rd party company providing continuous service ? Interesting... Is the only way to do it ?

answered on Aug 3, 2016 at 8:40am  
I'll leave this here: http://www.bigleaf.net/overview/

answered on Aug 2, 2016 at 8:50pm  
Search for BigLeaf. They and some others have specialized SDN appliances designed for redundant voip circuits.

answered on Jul 30, 2016 at 2:39pm  
SIP trunking will drop when the primary connection is lost.  Will need time to re-register on the secondary connection.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us