News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
Can we block numbers to the call queue?
Tags: call queues
Oct 26, 2016 at 1:47pm   •   7 replies  •  0 likes
rhonda
Some of our offices get a lot of telemarketing calls that call over and over again. Can we block numbers to the call queue groups?

on Aug 19, 2021 at 10:55am   •  0 likes

It is not all super admin extensions, just the company main extension. This is absolutely true in 2021.

on Aug 19, 2021 at 10:46am   •  0 likes

it was probably true in 2016 but it doesn't work this way in 2021

on Apr 16, 2020 at 10:50am   •  0 likes
How to import a list of numbers to block? 
Everyone has collected spammer numbers in their individual RingCentral login, but it does not stop them from coming in via the Call Queue.  

Consider an option to "ADD TO GLOBAL CALL BLOCK LIST"
Of course that is a dream because after 5 years of asking for a central caller database that can be shared, we've accepted it is just not going to happen. Ever.

I assume this is not a feature yet, and although Glip is highly un-intuitive and lacking most basic features, replacement of desktop and mobile phone app with a less productive app and useless feature bloat is more important than anything like this that would enhance productivity and reduce work for teams.

The "SuperAdmin" is super busy of course,  currently the only way we can think to manage this is to have each user email the SuperAdmin every time a spam call comes in, or use our EXISTING group meeting/messaging feature Skype, Microsoft Teams, or Slack.  Sorry, no more room on our desktops to add Glip.

Please to consider making current RingCentral more productive, instead of moving backwards by forcing Glip with less features, on users who don't want or need it and prefer to be MORE productive.
on Sep 18, 2017 at 5:33am   •  0 likes
I have done that but it didn't seem to transfer to other extensions? Support told me I needed to repeat the process for all extensions?

on Sep 18, 2017 at 5:48am   •  0 likes

Support is incorrect in this case. Here is a quote from a RingCentral Knowledge Base article which can be found here:

https://support.ringcentral.com/article/7251.html

Note the 3rd sentence!

IMPORTANT: When a number is added to the blocked numbers list, it blocks all incoming calls, faxes and text messages from that number. When Users block a number, it is only applied to the extension where they are logged in. If the Super Admin blocks a number while logged in to the System Extension (the main extension of the account), it is applied to all extensions in the account; which means that the number is blocked from calling any number associated with the account.

on Oct 26, 2016 at 1:54pm   •  0 likes
Okay, so I am a Super Admin, if I block the numbers under my account it will block for all?
on Mar 3, 2021 at 11:45am   •  0 likes

I definitely want to block text messages going to any of our numbers. We have been receiving political spam. It's most annoying with our call queues because we are unable to respond to say STOP from our call queues.

on Mar 3, 2021 at 3:03pm   •  0 likes

Hi @rene-campbell, for feature requests, you may submit it in our Ideas Portal here.

1 Answer
answered on Oct 26, 2016 at 1:49pm  
Rhonda,

Any numbers you block in the Super Admin extension (x101 by default...unless you have changed it) will be blocked account wide (i.e., all extensions including Call Queues since they are an extension) as well as faxes and SMS texts.

on Aug 19, 2021 at 10:16am   •  0 likes

it was probably true in 2016 but it doesn't work this way in 2021

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us