News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Developers
Connecting API to Report page
Tags: rest api
May 29, 2018 at 5:58am   •   2 replies  •  0 likes
kevin-heuple

I'm creating a basic API to pull our call logs to a csv. Easy enough except I'm trying to match the format. Right now the call log API extracts all the data exactly as it comes into the 'Call Log' page.

The issue is that our manual process was copying from the 'Call Detail' tab on the Reports page. I can go through the call log json and format everything so that the exported csv is pretty close to the format my only concern there is the logic for the "legs" to produce the same accurate output for the "Users" and "Queue Name" as the Reports page does.

Is there a way to just connect the API directly to the Reports page rather than the call log and formatting the data?

If not how do I set up the Reporting in my sandbox so that I can confirm my output vs the Report page.

2 Answers
answered on May 29, 2018 at 7:47am  
Hi Kevin,

Just to confirm with you that there is no API to access the report page as you wish. However, with the call-log API, you can access the same call log dataset and can convert the JSON response to CSV format similar to the one you can download from the service web.

If you extract the format of your current report and let me know which fields you want to add into your db, I can help you write some sample code to convert the JSON response into CSV the way you want.

+ Phong

answered on May 29, 2018 at 6:22am  
Have you tried scheduling these reports to be emailed as a csv instead of using the API to build this function? Depending on the plan you are subscribed to you should have this option. This is a much easier way and you can generate reports by extensions and email them to any email address. 

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us