News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
External Conference Call
Tags: phone
Jun 19, 2017 at 10:30am   •   4 replies  •  0 likes
aust

Hi. This is in regards to my external conference line. Usually, I press the star key before and after my host code, however every time I try this, it kicks my call to my cell phone. Help!

4 Answers
answered on Apr 29, 2019 at 1:13pm  
It may be hidden in plain sight. However, where can one find a conference call dial in number and PIN? I remember it being displayed prominently in the app but it seems to be hidden somewhere at this point?

answered on Jun 19, 2017 at 12:18pm  
Aust, did this work for you?  I always thought you could not dial * as a leading digit with conference services or auto attendant/IVR systems, etc with RingCentral because it reserved for various features (including call flip)

answered on Jun 19, 2017 at 11:03am  
Hello Aust,

Our phone system is designed to Flip calls to any number in the Call Handling and Forwarding options when the * key is pressed.

You can disable the Call Flip by logging into your extension, selecting the Settings tab, selecting Call Handling & Forwarding, then selecting Call Flip from the bottom of the page. From here move your cell phone number down into the "Unsused" slot. This should resolve your issue.

Thank you, hope this helps.

answered on Jun 19, 2017 at 11:10am  
Wonderful. Thank you!!!

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us