News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Developers
RingCentral event subscriptions, 'Call Completed' is not sent for dropped calls.
Tags: sdk
Sep 22, 2018 at 4:36pm   •   2 replies  •  0 likes
adam-antoszewski

RingCentral event subscriptions, 'Call Completed' is not sent for dropped calls. We have an application that interacts with RingCentral. One of its features turns user status to "Do Not Disturb" when user gets on a call, then turns it back to "Available" when the call is finished. This is so users do not get call queue calls ringing while they are talking.

It works well, the app subscribes to the RingCentral notification events and uses "Call Started" and "Call Completed" telephony status.

However sometimes when user call drops or otherwise ends obruptly, the "Call Completed" notification is not received which causes the user to stay on "Do Not Disrturb" after the call ended.

How can we ensure that we are always notified when calls end?

2 Answers
answered on Sep 23, 2018 at 2:14pm  

Hi Phong,

I am using telephony status NoCall and CallConnected:

if (call.TelephonyStatus == TelephonyStatus.NoCall)  {      CallEnded(callInfo, e);  }  else if (call.TelephonyStatus == TelephonyStatus.CallConnected)  {      CallStarted(callInfo, e);  }

This is a Presence notification with ActiveCalls attached child object.

answered on Sep 23, 2018 at 11:03am  
Hi Adam,

Which notification event do you use? The Account Presence or the Extension Presence? Or something else? I don't see the "Call Completed" status. These are the only telephony statuses I can see:

'NoCall' | 'CallConnected' | 'Ringing' | 'OnHold' | 'ParkedCall' 

I don't know how did you implement that and how it worked well as you said. Please provide some code snippet so I can investigate.

Meanwhile, you can read this blog to see how I use presence notification to detect incoming calls and define if it's a missed call or a call connected and when the call ends.

https://medium.com/ringcentral-developers/how-to-get-a-new-call-recording-notification-ee9f2a6e41a0

Hope this helps and let me know,
+ Phong

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us