News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
URL Links through Desktop App Texting
Tags: sms and text messaging
Feb 7, 2018 at 1:50pm   •   6 replies  •  0 likes
ann1

We have the ringcentral desktop app for texting. We can not get links to go through. How can this be done? We need the ringcentral app to text back and forth with for Text, Pictures and Bitly Links

6 Answers
answered on May 27, 2020 at 6:07pm  
I tried using tiny.cc and that doesn't seem to work either. It would be really great if these limitations didn't exist.

answered on Jun 13, 2019 at 2:14pm  
I've had this same issue for weeks, anytime I send someone a link to review our business. HIGHLY ANNOYING

answered on Feb 8, 2018 at 12:06pm  
I've been looking at this and found that I can't use Bitly for some reason. However, I was able to use TinyUrl, so it solved my problems. Thank you for giving the suggestions.

answered on Feb 8, 2018 at 6:13am  
Thanks for the responses. 1st, I copied/pasted my link into bitly then copied & pasted the bitly address and tried to send a text message to my cell phone through the online app. On the desktop, it looked like it went through, but the message never got sent to my cell phone. I also want to know if I can send a picture from the app to the phone. If yes, how to do it. 

answered on Feb 7, 2018 at 1:57pm  
I was curious so I just tried this myself and it worked fine.  Where are you having trouble?  Here is my example sent from RC Desktop app and received on Google voice:

Sent-

Received-

answered on Feb 7, 2018 at 1:55pm  
It works very well on our account.  I can send and receive links in either direction.  Can you better describe your problem?  How are you entering your URL's?

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us