News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
Graphics card issue
Tags: ringcentral app
Jun 28, 2018 at 4:36am   •   7 replies  •  0 likes
Michael Liimatta

I installed the desktop application and it won't start. The error message said I have an incompatible graphics card. It is an older PC with an Intel G33/G31 card. What should I do?

7 Answers
answered on May 1, 2019 at 2:03pm  
This keeps happening to me on one of my computers. I try again, and on about the 3rd or 4th attempt, it finally opens. First, how does a phone app have problems with a GRAPHICS card? Second, how does it eventually work? 

answered on Feb 25, 2019 at 11:24am  
Is there a list of Ring Central Phone App compatible graphic cards manufacturers?  Specifically which models or graphic card chipsets?  Thanks.

answered on Oct 1, 2018 at 8:47am  
We have the same issue with Dell Optiplex 380s. Cannot install versions over 8.4. 

answered on Oct 1, 2018 at 8:38am  
This is ridiculous that they would make versions that would not be compatible with previous ones. I am ready to leave ring there are way too many problems

answered on Jul 2, 2018 at 6:58pm  
Michael,

Try checking this link if there's a suitable driver for the integrated graphics of your computer.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/81519/Graphics-Drivers-for-Intel-G33-Express-Chipset

Most them are old drivers already, but you can try. Your best bet is to call our support to check if there's an old version of RC app that's compatible for the graphics card.

answered on Jun 28, 2018 at 8:00am  
Michael,  Installing an older version might temporarily help, but we only suggest that as a last resort and only a temporary solution.  It's always best to run the latest version available if possible.  

In this case, the first thing you'll want to do, is see if there's a newer driver available for your video card.  Often times this is a free simple fix and then you can continue running the latest version. 

In the event that you really do need to update the video card, then you may have to temporarily run an older version until you updated the video card. 

Mike

answered on Jun 28, 2018 at 7:22am  
Download a legacy version of RingCentral Desktop or contact support to have them send you a link to a older version.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us