News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
ZOOM powered meetings
Tags: meetings
Jul 19, 2018 at 2:28pm   •   8 replies  •  1 likes
nick-marcus

It's obvious that Zoom is powering the white-labeled version called RingCentral Meetings.

I'm cool with that as I currently use and love Zoom.

MY QUESTIONS:

1. When can we expect a true Office 365 Outlook plugin (as the current one is merely a Chrome plugin)?
  2. Am I able to give my attendees the option to be called rather than dial-in?
8 Answers
answered on May 22, 2020 at 5:49am  
The worse thing is that I have spent nearly 7-8 hours over 2 weeks to clearly let them know that these are the issues I am trying to solve with RC. Rather than acknowledging that they have an outdated version, they gave me the run around making my WFM that much more stressful. Thanks, RC.

answered on May 21, 2020 at 8:34pm  
Strongly agree: with Zoom updating their security, the RC client seems about 2 months behind. That means some of our users are mentioning things they can do in Zoom but not in RCM. It's even worse when we updated a webinar license only to discover some of the features we wanted were only available in Zoom.

answered on May 6, 2020 at 11:33am  
1) Can I make registration required for a participant in RingCentral?
2) Can I set someone else as a co-host while SCHEDULING?
3) Can I do a virtual background without a green or flat screen in the background just as Zoom does?

I get the feeling RC is getting a left-over version of Zoom even though they are charing an extra $14.99 per seat to upgrade from essential to premium which is essentially what I would pay Zoom for their latest version. So, we are getting a stale product for a premium price, IMHO. Please clarify f I am wrong.

https://www.4PMTI.com

answered on Apr 5, 2020 at 12:40pm  
Can I Livestream to Facebook using RingCentral?

answered on Mar 31, 2020 at 7:34am  
can you use the zoom app for ring central meetings

answered on Jul 24, 2018 at 10:41am  

answered on Jul 24, 2018 at 10:01am  
Hi Nick, I'm from the RingCentral Product team.  Per Saadet, for "true O365 Outlook Plugin", are you aware we have 2 Outlook plugins?  One purely scheduling meetings, and another for general purpose use (dialing, checking voicemails, etc.).  Would this solve your need?  If not, please let us know.

answered on Jul 20, 2018 at 7:36am  
Hi Nick,

1) Your question is a tad vague...what exactly are you looking for? Are you using the Chrome extension or our Outlook Plugin for Meetings?
2) The Call Me feature on Meetings should do what you're looking for :) This is not on by default, only by request - so you'll want to speak with your Account Manager regarding the full details.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us