News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
Having the error at its start up "E911 service is Limited" and later an icon on top right appears saying you can not make or receive call ?
Tags: softphone, phone
Sep 28, 2016 at 10:28am   •   5 replies  •  0 likes
Xarak Khan
Having the error at its start up "E911 service is Limited" and later an icon on top right appears saying you can not make or recieve call ?
5 Answers
answered on Mar 3, 2021 at 1:34am  

So is there a diagnostic button to check connection to the internet and connection to the servers?

Similar to what my 20+ year old PS3 has?

This would be very useful!

on Mar 3, 2021 at 7:25am   •  0 likes

Hi @Martin Fowler, this isn't available. For feature requests, feel free to submit it in our Ideas Portal here.

answered on Feb 4, 2020 at 9:38am  
i just got this issue, but not able to fix it as you said in forum, what shall i ask from my ISP to change in order to fix this problem, i m using ring central from last 13 months

answered on Nov 26, 2018 at 8:17am  
If you have e911 set up, the address has been entered, Click the checkbox "By clicking I Accept below, you acknowledge and agree that.....". I had some users who did not do this step, an Admin you can do this step for the user also.

answered on Sep 22, 2017 at 10:04am  
very helpful. Thank you!

answered on Sep 28, 2016 at 12:04pm  
Hello Xarak,

The message that shows that saying that you cannot make or receive calls usually means that the softphone is not able to authenticate to our servers and will not be able to make calls because of that.

But because of the E911 message you are seeing you may not have your E911 address set up in your account. Go to https://service.ringcentral.com/ and log into your account. Once logged in select the "Settings" tab, select the "Phones and Numbers" tab, then select your phone. On the right-hand side, you will see "Emergency Address", select that and you can enter the address of your home or office where you use the phone.

Once that is entered, if you are still getting the error then you need to look into your network configurations to make sure that the softphone can connect to the RingCental servers.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks,
Nate Malone

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us