News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Developers
PubNub Subscription Connection - Amazon AWS calls?
Tags: sdk
May 3, 2016 at 11:46pm   •   3 replies  •  0 likes
hamoody-abdulla

In our environment, we have a Palo Alto firewall that monitors traffic to determine which internet circuit to send traffic out of. For example, all voice traffic and ringcentral traffic is set to go out a specific circuit and all internet browsing goes out another. My problem arises when my app tries to subscribe while this advanced policy based forwarding is turned on. What happens is that call to subscribe to the events happens, it goes out internet connection A, but the SDK makes a call to Amazon AWS for some reason, and that traffic goes out connection B. The mismatch on circuits causes the subscription to error out with: " The underlying connection was closed."

How I can fix this problem is by telling the firewall to route all of theses requests to go out the same circuit/internet connection. The problem is, I do not have a list of DNS addresses that it is looking for and the IP changes for Amazon AWS. Is there a way someone can tell me what DNS addresses or what IP range the app is connecting to so that I can make theses changes on my firewall?

I have tested the app with policy based forwarding turned off, forcing all traffic to go out one connection, the subscription works fine and as expected.

This may seem confusing, if you need clarification on something let me know.

Thanks

3 Answers
answered on May 17, 2016 at 1:55pm  
I had to reach out to PubNub support for a IP whitelist and that has solved this issue.

Thanks

answered on May 23, 2016 at 11:00am  
Thanks for letting us know what the blocking issue was and how you solved it.

answered on May 4, 2016 at 10:22am  
Which SDK are you using please? Have you registered this as an issue on the respective Github repository for the aforementioned SDK?

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us