News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
Text messages arent showing up anywhere...
Tags: sms and text messaging
Jan 9, 2019 at 10:02am   •   3 replies  •  0 likes
lavigna

I have a US based account, and whenever my number recieves a text message I get the email notification, but on my IOS app (10.3.1.1.37 51.10.31.5) and my desktop app on mac (10.2.1.31914 (64-bit)) I dont ever receive the text.

-I have to have the app running, and be the one to start the conversation in order for it to work.

-Started and responded conversations on Mac will show on IOS app and vice versa.

-Opening a link from the email notification will launch the site to download but wont prompt the app.

3 Answers
answered on Nov 7, 2019 at 11:06am  
Hi. The issue had something to do the text messages going to an auto receptionist and not my direct user. Also, at the time, there was a known issue with the Mac app simply not getting texts. Something about iOS making it easier than Mac OS.

I had to call and someone on the tech support side of things changed the auto settings and helped me address it - Im not 100% sure what they did.

I needed to add a line for my plan and actually ended up canceling Ring Central cause of issues with the sales teams. We use google voice now and its like 3/5 stars, but texting and call forwarding works great, and thats all we need.

Good luck!

answered on Nov 7, 2019 at 10:48am  
Was this ever resolved? I am having the same issue. I receive a notification for the text, but when I open the app on my iphone, I have to go find the contact and start a conversation in order to see the text. It doesn't show up on my messages page at all. Thanks!

answered on Jan 11, 2019 at 10:57am  
Please open a case so we can investigate! 

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us