News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
How do I make my phones only ring during office hours.
Tags: call handling
Feb 11, 2019 at 12:50pm   •   3 replies  •  0 likes
nickcowell

Hi,

My account is in the UK.

I am a small one man business and have been using ring central for a few years now. I have 3 different numbers coming into the system all set up the same, coming through to either my yealink on my desk or through to my mobile (cell) using the app.

What I am looking to do is set my system up so that during the day, say from 09.00 to 19.00, the phones will ring and if nobody answers then it goes to answer machine, like it does already. After this time, I dont want the phones to ring and go directly to the same answer machine message. Basically out of hours I just want the answer machine to kick in without it waking us up in the house, where I have my office.

Im sure this can be done but I just cant find an idiots guide to it without me making a complete mess.

If anybody can help it would be really appreciated.

Thanks

Nick

3 Answers
answered on Feb 13, 2019 at 1:03am  
Thanks for your comments, ill go and take a look now. 

answered on Feb 11, 2019 at 2:08pm  
Depending on your set-up, you would either create a custom-answering rule, found under the Auto-Receptionist settings, or you would set the user hours on an assigned extension, and then create a call forwarding rule to go to voicemail. 

answered on Feb 11, 2019 at 1:20pm  
just log into the voicemanager and go to Auto Receptionist, then open Company hours choose your opening time save or create a Rule that after 1700 hrs all calls go to auto attd VM

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us