News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
Users having Troubles Receiving Faxes
Tags: fax
Nov 29, 2018 at 3:11pm   •   5 replies  •  0 likes
chaz1

A few of my users are having some troubles receiving faxes from certain parties.

Some users can not receive a Fax from a party, but will have that Party send a Fax to another user and it will come through.I have tested this users account using all different types of Fax Protocols, and they all seem to work, but for some reason, this user can not receive faxes from these certain Parties.

Does anyone have any insight as to why this is happening? I can not seem to figure this issue out.

5 Answers
answered on Apr 10, 2019 at 4:45pm  
My number is enabled for FAX ONLY - I just verified with RC. I continue to have issues with pharmacies not receiving my faxes despite a successful sent. They are the same pharmacies. I am able to receive faxes from them but they cannot receive mine. This has been going on for two years now. Ring Central has a responsibility to make its system compatible with all faxes. Some faxes (especially toll-free numbers) may have restrictions with receiving a fax only from certain area codes which makes me wonder whether my faxes are not being rerouted through a different area code. I know for a fact that at least once, the recipient stated that my fax came form a different area code. WHAT IS GOING ON?

answered on Feb 5, 2019 at 10:26am  
We are having this issue and RingCentral support told me that numbers that are enabled for both Voice and Fax can have this problem. The only sure fire to make sure your faxes get through is to create a new number and have it set as fax only. We are going to try this experiment. Of course there is additional cost for that number.

answered on Nov 29, 2018 at 9:21pm  
Have had the same problem, I was told by RC support to tell all my vendors that use my fax number to set their analog faxes to a lower setting.  Well, that's ridiculous.  We have one lab that has to send faxes 4 times before they go through.  You would think they would have perfected 1950's technology by now.

answered on Nov 30, 2018 at 5:17am  
We have the same issue. When dealing with faxes from the IRS, hospitals or medical offices it is impossible to get them to change the settings on thier fax. I hear complaints all the time. 

answered on Nov 29, 2018 at 4:04pm  
You have confirmed that your user's phone numbers are set to "Voice and Fax"?  

What "result" is showing in your call logs?

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us