News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Developers
company phone not working after publishing
Tags: developer sandbox
May 21, 2019 at 4:54am   •   4 replies  •  0 likes
Jeroen Couwenberg

Hi, sorry for the confusion. This is what we have done: we have a developer account with a sandbox. We have created an app that uses implicit flow for the authorization. The app is working as long as we provide the username/main company phone number of the sandbox environment. But now we also published the app on production and changed clientId and clientSecret. Now when the auth pop-up is shown we tryto login with the sandbox username / main company phone. But it fails.

Do I understand correctly that in order to use the prod app I have to login with a prod username/main company phone number?

On the top right in the dev account we have an "upgrade" button with an "i" icon which says (when hovering) that we are on a free dev account and "... public apps can be built to connect to production services of other paid RingCentral accounts"

What we want to do

1. See if the app works on production as well

2. Let other RingCentral users use our production app.

Any help will be greatly appriciated!

4 Answers
answered on Jun 27, 2019 at 7:20am  

When I contacted the developer support team with the same issue to know how to test the application in production having production credentials, this is what they wrote:

"You will not be able to test it using your account. Since it is a public app, any other RC user (paid user) can test your integration. "

answered on Jun 5, 2019 at 2:06pm  

You cannot login your app running in the production environment with your sandbox login credentials. You have to login with user under the production account instead.

If your app is public, then you can use any user from any production account to log in.

If you don't have one and want me to test it for you, then provide me the link to the app as well as instructions of what to test, so I can try login.

answered on May 21, 2019 at 8:55am  
What do you mean by publishing? If it is going from sandbox to production, you need to update clientId, clientSecret and also use production user credentials.

answered on May 21, 2019 at 7:50am  
1. What type of authentication do you implement, password flow or authorization flow?
2. Did you change the client id and client secret for the production?

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us