News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
Recipients not receiving my "successfully sent" faxes
Tags: fax
Apr 10, 2019 at 4:53pm   •   2 replies  •  0 likes
francesca

1. Canada

2. Case ID: 07967367 is only one of them

3. I continue to have issues with pharmacies not receiving my faxes despite a successful sent. I tested many today and called them each. They are the same pharmacies. I am able to receive faxes from them but they cannot receive mine. This has been going on for two years now. Ring Central has a responsibility to make its system compatible with all faxes. Some faxes (especially toll-free numbers) may have restrictions with receiving a fax only from certain area codes which makes me wonder whether my faxes are not being rerouted through a different area code. I know for a fact that at least once, the recipient stated that my fax came form a different area code. WHAT IS GOING ON?

4. I have begged with the pharmacists to call their fax providers as Ring Central has been useless.

5. I don't see the software version. I use a web-based version with the following copyright 1999 - 2019 RingCentral Intellectual Property.

6. This is my fax number. I am the only account holder.

2 Answers
answered on Apr 11, 2019 at 7:02am  
Hey Francesca, I understand how frustrating it can be. Not all fax machines are able to receive faxes from a VoIP provider, which is what RC is. You're taking a digital copy, turning it into an analog copy, and then sending it via the internet. It doesn't act the same as sending from one analog device to another via a landline. 

From what Support has gathered, the RC system has successfully sent the message. Once we have sent out the message, we don't have any effect on how the receiving end reacts, which is why these types of scenarios are frustrating. There are some settings that the receiver can make to help them receive VoIP faxes and I've listed them below. There's still a chance it will not fix things 100% of the time.

If your business relies heavily upon faxing, I do recommend keeping a traditional fax line so that your success rate is much higher.

Fax Settings:

1. Baud Rate to 9600 or slower
  2. ECM (Error Correction Management) turned OFF
  3. If available on your Fax Machine, turn on VoIP Mode
  4. If VoIP mode is not available, enable Overseas mode (again, if available)

answered on Apr 11, 2019 at 6:27am  
We have a lot off issues with faxing too. Its something I have worked with RC for a couple years. I am told that they are happy with a 82% success rate. We have had to go with another fax solution as our primary fax. And use RC as a back up 

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us