News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
Orbi Pro QOS
Tags: phone
Apr 21, 2018 at 3:34am   •   6 replies  •  0 likes
kris8599

Does anyone have recommended settings for Orbi Pro wireless router setup as it relates to QOS? We are experiencing high jitter and broken conversations from our soft phone app. UK account, 10 users, 1 Gbps up/down fibre Internet connection, iMac RC soft phones, Orbi Pro wireless setup (router and satellite). We have tried numerous configurations based on RC help articles and Netgear community topics, but jitter / dropping a few seconds of conversation is still too high. Any help or advice from other SMEs using Orbi and RingCentral would be appreciated.

6 Answers
answered on Nov 5, 2019 at 4:49pm  
Reviving this post since there's been no traction.

I have the Orbi system.  It is a mesh system.

When in one satellite or the base, the calls seem to be perfectly fine, but RingCentral has major issues switching satellites.  On one occasion, I was able to hear people talking but they couldn't hear me.  I had to park and pick up the call on the computer to get it to re-establish.

So it seems RingCentral is dependent on something that is lost when switching satellites and isn't tolerant to any sort of disruption, however brief, that something experiences.  

answered on Apr 24, 2019 at 8:50pm  
No response?

answered on Feb 26, 2019 at 1:08pm  
Same issue here. Same 1gbps speed, orbi - RC is unuseable and cuts out or pumps.

answered on Apr 30, 2018 at 2:05pm  
Hey Kris,

Unfortunately, my colleagues are not familiar with this router :( Have you contacted Orbi Support to see if they have any suggestions?

answered on Apr 23, 2018 at 4:40pm  
Yes -have read it and (I think) implemented the suggestions correctly. Any help from your colleagues would be appreciated.

answered on Apr 23, 2018 at 9:29am  
Hi Kris,

I don't have experience with this router so I'm going to check with my colleagues if they do! I wanted to verify, have you checked out this Network article?

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us