News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
RingCentral for Google - Click-to-Dial opening new tab issue
Tags: ringcentral app
Apr 19, 2019 at 8:09am   •   1 replies  •  0 likes
jason-plante

My company currently uses RingCentral at all levels of the organization - from a robust Inside Sales team to technical support. We've leveraged all of the functionality of RingCentral and have found it to be a good solution for us.

One thing that I (a system administrator within the company) have found to be a slight hitch is that when you use RingCentral for Google and have it hand off calls to RingCentral for Desktop/RingCentral Phone - it opens a new tab (which I understand is part of the handoff process). Is there any way that tab can close automatically after a few seconds, or once the handoff is complete?

The solution presented to me by technical support was to handle calls in the browser - but we've found that we are more likely to have call quality issues handling calls in that manner.

For the majority of our company - this isn't an issue. It is only an issue with our sales department who are averaging 70 or so calls a day. So closing out a tab 70 times in a day that you didn't really want open in the first place... not ideal. We came over from Mitel and Mitel Connect (their softphone) did not require a tab to pop to hand off calls.

Is there a way to accomplish the above? If not, can this be revisited to get it addressed? I'm sure I'm not the only person who's noted the above behavior. Questions? Let me know.

1 Answer
answered on Apr 26, 2019 at 8:55am  
Hi Jason, 

I sent this thread to our integrations team-- I'll let you know what they come back with :) 

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us