News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
App: write new message
Tags: message
May 8, 2019 at 8:02pm   •   2 replies  •  0 likes
mlanie-tremblay

Hi Concerning android app. Do I don't understand something, but why I click the + and choose new message, I can't choose team?? We can only choose contacts. Also why I can't reply to a message or at least quote it? It's complicated in web version but at least it's possible. Thanks Mlanie

2 Answers
answered on May 15, 2019 at 7:14pm  
Hi,
It works if it's a message. However, it doesn't work in case of a zapier automatization or note. BTW, even in web version, it's not user-friendly (eg double-click), since you have to click "view details". But it works for automatic message, at least.

Concerning the direct messaging, it's really annoying. Team are classified by recent update, so I have to "know" if it was recently messaged or not to find it in the list. At least, we should have the choice to sort them by alphabetical order.

Thanks

answered on May 13, 2019 at 9:05am  
Hi Melanie, 

To be able to quote a message, you have to press and hold on the message and a menu will come up with different options, to like or quote the message. 

As far as directly messaging a team, that's not an option for Android or IOS to create a new message to a team from the + button. Right now, your only option is to find the team, and create the new message directly in the team. 

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us