News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
Record and keep more than 1 Voicemail greeting?
Tags: voicemail
May 28, 2019 at 5:32am   •   3 replies  •  1 likes
kevin-chieff

Voicemail greetings: I prefer not to use the default voicemail greeting, prefering to record in my own voice. When I travel, I record an away message, but when I return, I have to re-record my User Hours message every time. Is there any way to store my User Hours message more permanently, so that I don't have to re-record it every time I return from business travel or vacation?

on Apr 26, 2024 at 10:56am   •  0 likes

I don't know if they did an update, but we used to be able to have multiple Voicemail greetings. I had them uploaded to save when I went on vacation and then I just had to change the dates every time. But today when I went to do that because I am out of the office, they were gone, and I could not find a way to record a greeting just for today. I think they took the option away. I wish they would bring it back.

2 Answers
answered on May 28, 2019 at 9:40am  
Thx, Brandon. I'll take your suggestion to download/upload, and I'll submit a feature request for the multiple greetings.

answered on May 28, 2019 at 9:21am  
There is not a great way that I know of.  It would be nice to have ~4 alternate greetings that could be switched between via the telephone interface.  I have created some advanced rules for myself that help.  I have a PTO rule with a prerecorded message, but I have to remember to go into the admin to set the dates and turn it on.  You can also download and upload recordings so that can help,  You might even be able to do that from your mobile phone, but I have only done it via PC web browser.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us