News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
Mojave/Outlook Plug In TimeZone Issue
Tags: meetings
Apr 29, 2019 at 9:29am   •   11 replies  •  0 likes
kieston-schrock
When i click on the plug-in I get the message: Please check the current timezone in Outlook Regional configuration". I've unistalled and reinstalled both the Meetings App and the Plugin
11 Answers
answered on Aug 8, 2019 at 8:37am  
Hi all, this issue should be fully resolved now :)

answered on Jun 13, 2019 at 10:47am  
It would be much easier to update this file with a version that works from the Toolbar icon. 
http://dn.ringcentral.com/data/web/download/RCMeetings/1210/RCMeetingsClientSetup.pkg

Using the current version of that file, I can schedule a meeting from the Schedule button from RingCentral Meetings, changing the radio button to Outlook at the bottom. Then it's hit or miss if it will crash Outlook or not when the new Meeting window pops up. This is on a few different Macs running the latest version of MacOS 10.14.5 and Office 365 16.26 as well as Ring Central apps. 

Following the process of having Outlook fully open, clicking the Get Add-ins button on the primary tool bar, My Add-ins, Add a custom add-in, paste in that long URL then sign in is a lot more work.

In an ideal and best-practice world it's created as a Jamf policy and scoped to appropriate machines and ready to install from self-service. Or at an Admin level it's setup in Office 365. Sometimes it's just easier to say "Install this from their download page and you're good to go." 

If this is a Microsoft thing going forward then the plugin shouldn't be listed on the downloads page as it only partially works. Also having two different Ring Central icons in a new Meeting window is going to confuse many users. 

answered on May 8, 2019 at 10:45am  
Greetings,

Solved - One of my clients had the same issue with the RingCentral Outlook Add-in (Error message: Please check the current timezone in Outlook regional configuration).  I followed RingCentral's KB ID 11172 and realized that an important step was missing in this process.  Before attempting steps 2 and 3, go to the Mac's System Preferences > Security & Privacy > General tab > and Click the Lock to make changes > and Allow from Anywhere (just for this install). After making this change, the installation and the testing of this Add-in was successful.  Now, I have a happy client.  I hope that this helps you out.

RS

answered on May 8, 2019 at 1:07pm  
The plug-in does not work... I continue to get the "Please check the current timezone in Outlook regional configuration."  error message... this is generated by RingCentral... not Microsoft... 

answered on May 7, 2019 at 11:30am  
Using this method -  Ring Central will not populate the Location of the meeting with URL and quick dial link.

answered on May 1, 2019 at 10:00am  
I'll be able to test this today but I'd still like to know if the developers are aware of the incompatibility with Mojave and if there's a fix for the currently deployed plugin coming. Otherwise I'll have to work out a removal process for the entire company and re-deploy the plugin via Office 365 add-ins. I would certainly prefer the bug be fixed or an official announcement from RC stating the direction they're heading is away from the pkg installer and toward the add-in method (if that's the case).

answered on Jul 29, 2020 at 9:14pm  
Hey Everyone,

Please verify that you're using this particular plugin. Let me know if that helps! If you're still having issues with this plugin, please contact Support so that they can check it out.

answered on Apr 30, 2019 at 9:01am  
me 4

answered on Apr 30, 2019 at 9:04am  
Hey everyone,

Please contact our Support Team so that they can gather logs and look into it :)

answered on Apr 30, 2019 at 8:55am  
me too!

answered on Apr 29, 2019 at 5:42pm  
I'm posting here as a "me-too" and hoping for a developer's reply. Thanks for starting this post.

https://i.imgur.com/uKoMcUE.png

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us