News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
Not being able to add members to company team
Tags: message
Jul 17, 2019 at 7:30pm   •   1 replies  •  0 likes
zohaib-mustafa

So glip released a new update and you are unable to add members to your company team. My questions, if you get a new employee, why can you no longer add him/her to the company team? Why can he/she not be able to be informed of the messages in the company team? The company team has a long history of messages in it that we may want a new employee to be able to see. Why can he/she not be privy to those messages? The answer I received..."we no longer provide the feature to add a team member to the company team. So if I want to get around it, create another company team manually."

For me that's okay, I have a small company. However, for larger companies, are they suppose to manually add dozens or hundreds or even thousands of people to a new company team because glip randomly decided not to allow you to add anyone new to the company team anymore? What if someone new wants to view what was sent in this company team previously? They no longer can do that because glip is forcing you to create a new company team.

I just would like some clarity from the developers as to why this feature was taken out. Imagine you have a company with hundreds of individuals on the company team and new individuals join. Why do they have to manually create a new team and can't add individuals to the existing team?

1 Answer
answered on Jul 18, 2019 at 8:11am  
Hello there, it seems your issue has been discuss here: https://community.ringcentral.com/ringcentral/topics/fail-change-guest-to-co-worker-there-is-no-button?topic-reply-list%5Bsettings%5D%5Bfilter_by%5D=all&topic-reply-list%5Bsettings%5D%5Bpage%5D=1#reply_20191765

as per saadet... you can submit a ticket for adding members since they can do that at the backend.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us