News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
Annoying Robo Calls
Tags: call handling
Jul 19, 2019 at 3:15pm   •   2 replies  •  0 likes
the-operator1

Our business has been receiving a ton of robo calls from dead numbers over 25 in one day. I called customer service and a very nice young man recommended that I block the calls which I spent the better part of the afternoon doing, but I don't think this will help as all of calls are coming in from in invalid numbers. Is anyone else dealing with the same problem?

2 Answers
answered on Sep 14, 2021 at 11:48am  

I have been receiving an average of 3 a day for the last 6 months - they go into voicebox as they now have a robo-voice that leaves a message saying "is there anyone there" - at first I was blocking them and after awhile it was pointless as they calls are coming from everywhere and anywhere. Any idea why these robocallers are calling ? Is there any purpose to these calls ?

answered on Aug 22, 2019 at 7:21am  
Nomorobo is a good product that RingCentral should offer.  Even Verizon VOIP offers it.  The way I look at it if a good call is blocked that personal will email if need be.  Also, the block is set to allow for voicemail to be left, which most robots will not do.

answered on Jul 19, 2019 at 4:17pm  
Everyone in the United States, if not the world, is dealing with this issue. There are MANY threads here in the forums regarding this. Until the government is able to clamp down on this or until a fool-proof way to always block only robo calls is developed (and for the nay-sayers...NO...NoMoRobo is NOT a fool proof way to do this because it can block good calls since many robocalls and spam calls are legitimate numbers that have been spoofed), this will continue to be a problem that will plague businesses as well as individuals.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us